I7 7700K temps, again.

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Jujudlapampa, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Jujudlapampa

Jujudlapampa Guest

GPU:
    Strix GTX1070 2088/2302
    Hey guys.

After messing with my CPU's voltages, I managed to get the vcore down to a stable 1.2@4.6ghz, I'm still testing so I might go even lower (I've seen people going as low as 1.120@4.5ghz) and gain a few degrees, plus I have yet to set an agressive fan curve, for now it's pretty passive, so I guess I can gain a bit more there.

Lately, where I live, the temperature went up suddenly, from 0°C/7°C (night/day) to 10°C/20-25°C, probably a heat wave that'll blow off next week, but it gave me a pretty good idea of what my temps would be this summer.

It easily goes up to 30-35°C during the summer in the east of France, and as if I wasn't lucky enough, I live in a small student room, facing south, PC/monitor running most of the time AND I smoke, meaning my room is like a furnace in summer (these last days it went up to 32°C inside).

Anyway that's enough about my life, at the peak of temperature inside my room this week, while playing Heroes of Newerth (pretty CPU intensive for some reason) my CPU readings were between 52 and 65°C for the cores, and 65-70°C~ for the package, 5°C~ lower on MGS5 TPP.

If we get a summer like last year (1 month of 35-40°C, it was hell I tell ya), I fear that I'd break 80°C.

I've read a lot, but I can't find any definitive answer to the question :

What is the temperature I SHOULD NOT exceed while playing games 24/7 with a I7 7700k ?

I'd rather not delid, for the warranty, and also because if I screw up, I won't be able to buy another, and I really don't like to mess with things like that. That's why I'm asking here.

Thanks !