LGs HDR enabled Tvs now recommended by Netflix

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    For the third consecutive year, the newest TV models from LG Electronics (LG) have been designated Netflix Recommended TVs by the global internet TV company that popularized streaming. The evaluation ...

LGs HDR enabled Tvs now recommended by Netflix

2. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I have 43in LG 4k TV and it streams Netflix without problems using Netflix app plays 4kHDR and 4K awesome picture quality. I have mine directly connected to network not using wireless

3. RedSquirrel

RedSquirrel Guest

GPU:
    Intel Iris 6100
    I bought a 4k LG TV until I realised there was something not right with the picture (text alignment/patterns and a certain grainyness), turned out to be an RGBW screen, so not even technically 4k. Sneaky LG. Took it back and got a nicer 4k Samsung with a real 4k Screen, for cheaper! (ex display)

4. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    I tried that however my LG TV wireless gets faster speed over wireless then the Ethernet cord connection. Go Figure.

This TV is only 2 or 3 feet from my router.

But yes :banana: AWESOMENESS :banana:

/edit forgot to mention which model.

55 Inch LG 55uh6030 4k HDR Also actually does 4k 60FPS over HDMI 3 HDMI 2.0 ports and a few other things.

Got it on sale around last Christmas for bit over $600.00 USD.

I go with what at the time of shopping is offering the features we want at the best value.

Our Previous which we still use is a 50 inch Hisense 55 H7 model from a few years ago on sale for 300.00 USD open box at Bestbuy. It developed a problem with the panel about 6 months ago, Hisense sent a packing box via UPS and paid for it to be shipped to and from them to replace it. ( 4 year onsite warranty for their TVs 50 inches and larger.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
  6. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    So, no need for STB's...who'd thought that? Oh wai....

7. Razoola

Razoola Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 (MSI gaming)
    Its a pity, LGs 2016 OLEDS suffer from undefeatable lipsync issues while watching netflix with the internal app. See this clip from 'The Matrix', sound is coming from the E6 TV's internal speaker. none of the sound delay settings can fix this situation.

https://youtu.be/Heqf_rstv8U

8. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Recommended by Netflix? I guess the these TVs will spy on you as well.

9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Why, does Netflix have some history of enabling TV's to spy on customers?

10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    No, it was Samsung caught with their pants down. But allegedly those at the top of Netflix have the sort of ties that would make them suspicious. I don't have any concrete evidence or link to show you what I'm talking about. It's all just speculation, but in recent history a lot of this type of speculation has been proven true, mostly thanks to WikiLeaks.

11. Reardan

Reardan Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    This thread is like a microcosm of the problems of this forum.

Got one guy referencing his dumb crusade against augmenting the capabilities of your TV with a box

Another one saying he's not going to stop using Sony just because Netflix endorses LG, but there are tons of TVs on Netflix's recommended list from multiple manufacturers, including Sony.

Another one saying he has nothing concrete but is sure that not only is his TV spying on him, but that Netflix of all companies would be at the heart of it.

And then yet another guy who just gives us a post, which reads like an ad, detailing his TV and Netflix experience, for no discernable reason.

And to complete the circle, you now have a guy complaining about it.

12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Exaggerate much? You need to relax. Also, if WikiLeaks blows this whistle on this one, remember just how "dumb" you thought this thread was.

13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    And...someone complaining about someone complaining.

Now, the circle is complete.

:nerd:

14. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    I've got an LG 55LF652V and... although it's 1080p, image quality is great, even with the passive 3D glasses on (3D glasses from the cinema work perfectly too, so I have a ton of "free" glasses for when friends come over).

Netflix works quite nicely. No lip-sync problems here.

Although I'm aware that HDR does wonders for image quality (more than 4K, which is mostly useless unless you have a huuuge screen or sit extremely close to the TV), I would have liked to see Netflix offering 3D content.

15. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    rofl