Random fanspeed changes

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by citizen2kill, Nov 26, 2009.

1. citizen2kill

citizen2kill New Member

GPU:
    evga 8800gt
    Hey guys. Okay, I have been using rivatuner for a year now, and had no problems whatsoever. However, during the last couple of months, I noticed, while gaming, that the fan speed randomly changes. For instance, while gaming last night, the fan speed ramped up to 100% and the only way I could lower it is if I go back to RT and change back the fan speed. I have a 8800gt and the temperatures only peak to 74c which is not even close to overheating. I don't use fan profiles, and only use the driver level fan control to set the fan speed to 50% direct control. I have not installed new drivers nor have I changed anything on my pc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  2. Salsah

Salsah Member

GPU:
    2 X Asus GTX260 216SP 896
    Hi, not sure whether I will be able to help. However I have the same experience before. The caused of my case is my system were using two hardware monitoring application. When I removed one of them, it back to normal. Hope this help.

3. citizen2kill

citizen2kill New Member

GPU:
    evga 8800gt
    Thanks for reply. I am also using speedfan at the same time to monitor temperatures. But I don't think this is the problem since I have always been using speedfan alongside rivatuner and they have not caused any problems for me. I'll try turning off speedfan and see how it goes tho. Thanks

4. Salsah

Salsah Member

GPU:
    2 X Asus GTX260 216SP 896
    No reply since then. Does turning off speedfan helps?