ATI Rage/Voodoo 3000?

Discussion in 'Videocards - 3dfx' started by Guest, Jun 11, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey folks,<P>Considering upgrading my old ATI Rage AGP to a Voodoo 3000 AGP, worth it? Has anyone here did this upgrade (I'm not even sure where to start...had virtually no experience with AGP cards :p)? Thanks!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

What exactly do you want to know? Have you bought the Voodoo3 card? Have you opened up your PC before? It isn't that difficult.

3. Rambisboy

Rambisboy Guest

Well one thing you have to make sure is that the Rage isn't integrated onto your motherboard, as many motherboards have this. Anyway, as far as experience with AGP cards, there really isn't much to know, its just another slot. A V3 3000 is kind of dated nowadays though...what processor do you have?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

yeah. I had an ATI 3d rage pro. It was alright, but I was offered a m8's v3.2000.<BR>whacked the thing in, and installed the drivers. Suddenly everything is much faster and smoother. Games that I could only run at 320 res I can no run at 1024x768 with ease.<BR>I managed to get hold of a tiny cpu fan, and screwed the thing onto the video cards heatsink. By using a 3dfx over clocker, I manage to over clock the original speed of the card from 143mhz to 166mhz with no probs!<BR>Although the v3 is now slightly dated, it still offers great value for money. Trouble is that some 32bit graphic games are slower that with the ATI card, as the voodoo is only 16bit. I'm gonna have to buy the v5 when it's cheaper.! :~).. go for it!<BR>(if you want the over clocker, email me at help@schui.co.uk)