Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 28, 2014.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I agree with the above, to me the game looks great.

Gonna do a new playthrough soon from scratch, go for non-lethal playthrough this time.

2. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

I like the art direction, no problems there imo. It's not a bad looking game, it's just not overly impressive from a technical aspect.

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Tbh the intro level and first city hub are not the best looking areas imo but especially Golemn City shown above and nighttime hubs look great.

4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    As I understand every little object on that screen participates in shadow/ambient occlusion calculation. The amount of such objects on most screenshots from DX:MD I`ve seen so far is quite considerable. Plus reflections, plus bumps on the floor... Plus all kinds of physics with paper and rags...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016

5. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

I'm curious to see if I can get it running decent tonight.

6. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

Anyone notice how jerky the mouse is in this game?

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ mouse is smooth for me, there's probably some frame pacing issue for you atm.

Try the borderless window (=exclusive fullscreen disabled) trick, you can switch from graphics settings in game.
    Also try double buffer and triple buffer if running vsync, can be toggled from video settings, see which performs better.

(Though when running borderless window the game should be automatically vsynced and triple buffered, which actually often is the reason why a game runs better/smoother in borderless window).

Also as you have 8 GB of RAM (?) make sure you have pagefile enabled.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    my game crashed a couple of days, i had blue screen, i was playing a mission it was inside the house where i need search just before entering the server, i had a blue screen and the pc restarted, this is the only game to give me this.

9. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

Ok....the mouse issue is for real.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/96478/deus-ex-mankind-divided-how-to-fix-the-mouse-acceleration-bug

https://steamcommunity.com/app/337000/discussions/0/355043117526646578/

https://www.vg247.com/2016/08/24/crashing-mouse-acceleration-all-current-deus-ex-mankind-divided-pc-known-issues/

http://www.pcinvasion.com/deus-ex-mankind-divided-pc-patch-524-10-tackles-mouse-sensitivity

^ These links talk about it and how to fix it.

So last night I played with the setting...switched to DX12, messed with the exclusive fullscreen and set everything to high. Getting very acceptable frame rate now at 1440...at least in the first part of the game. Probably between 50-60 if I had to guess (fraps quit working for some reason so I'm not real sure).

That said what made the biggest difference was the mouse setting. The mouse acceleration was so jacked up it was making it seem like I was having a big problem with frame rate but in reality it was the X/Y setting sensitivity. I dropped it from 50% to 15% and BAM...smooth as butter.

So yea, very playable now...going to start playing it tonight.

10. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    ^Well, that was the first thing I changed in-game to 10%. Also, I tried to lock my fps to 50 with RTSS and downsample from 1440p, but that does not feel really smooth to me.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  12. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    So I gave Mankind divided a little bit of a golden feel for my playthrough, for whatever reason I ended up liking Human Revolution and its aesthetic so.. here it is :smoke:

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nice! They should consider adding the filter as an option in the game.

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, I missed the golden color of the original. It added so much to the feel and atmosphere of the game.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I always thought the golden colour was done on purpose to mimick the tint of Adam's shades... :p

and by the time of Mankind Divided his neural implants had gotten a firmware update which reverts this effect using colour correction (possibly Reshade) :D

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The golden color was done on purpose, but not because of Adam's shades. It was done to set a tone for the game, giving it a classical renaissance feel.

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Didnt even finished it yet so im going back to the game again.

1080p/DX12 - Very high preset (not enough Vram for Ultra) :

[​IMG]

18. To be honest I like the art style of both games, but the Mankind Divided just feels more mature, more cyberpunk. Needless to say the Golem City aka "Utulek" is probably the best cyberpunk map I've seen on PC.

And the game itself...
    Well, I like it even more than I though I would. Also Prague and Czech language is a nice bonus :) If you are not a CS, COD or BF kid, you like mature cyberpunk games, I'd definitely get it. Especially if you have the chance to get it on Steam sale.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Seems unplayable if you ask me ;)

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Console like experience. Reducing settings helps tho.