Which mobo should i pick?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Dan011093, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Dan011093

Dan011093 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD 5870/5850 CF
  2. Dan011093

Dan011093 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD 5870/5850 CF
    Anyone?

3. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    The reason you don't have an answer yet is probably because there are so many variables in picking one that it also comes to taste. As in what do you need specifically?

As far as brands go I would recommend Gigabyte or Asus (though last I checked Asus was the most expensive when it came to bang for the buck). You may see something getting rave reviews like certain ASRock boards (notice I have one) but they're not worth the hassle. I regret buying that board to this day, if it seems too good to be true it probably is.

4. Opcode

Opcode Guest

GPU:
    HD 5870
    A lot of people are going with MSI's gaming series of motherboards these days. They have exceptional features for what most would consider to be not so high of a price point. A lot of people target ascetics as well so I would consider if you're looking for "looks" as well. As most people have clear side cases these days and like their machine to look good. If you don't care what it looks like then the Z97-G45 GAMING would be my choice.

5. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    I've had pretty good experiences with MSI the last few series, I'd go with them considering the overall quality of components and features.