Going Nuts on this.. Cannot apply Geforce Experience!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Copyright78, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Copyright78

Copyright78 Active Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX580 900/2200
    Did a fresh install of Win8.1.. for some odd reason Nvidia cannot apply Geforce Experience settings on Call of Duty Advanced Warefare it gives an unable to apply error. It used to do this just fine with same video card and hardware. The game is acting really odd.. normally when I apply settings I get a save prompt but it never prompts me to save video settings now? The game keeps wanting to start in windowed mode and then I set it to fullscreen. I found if I have the game open and running I can apply the geforce experience settings but they don't actually apply. What is even stranger is when I apply optimal video settings in the game.. it doesnt change anything!

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    A quick google search shows, you're not the only one. Beta drivers might help, if you want to give it a try.

Don't expect miracles though, sometimes the 580 isn't as supportes as it has been anymore.

Why it does not work ingame, I have no idea, sorry.

3. NoOne

NoOne Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 970 4BG
    Have you tried playing with permissions? Try to locate Experience exe and check "run as administrator" in properties.

4. Copyright78

Copyright78 Active Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX580 900/2200
    FYI.. I am running a GTX 980... and Permissions is kinda what I was thinking also.. I left UAC on for a while and possibly during these installs.. may have screwed with something. I have to reinstall soon and I plan to run each install as Admin and disable UAC before I get started.

5. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    First thing I do right off the bat after an install.

6. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Same here most useless thing ever.Despite the prompt people just click yes anyway in my experience.It could say anything and they still click yes.