New GTX SLI setup hanging to black screen under load - help!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Item!, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
  2. Item!

Item! Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX570/GTX570 Sonic
    The saga ends!

With my replacement card locked in, my SLI is working perfectly and the system seems as stable as it always was.

I have reapplied my 2500k OC back to 4300 (fairly mild I know, but it is a 24/7) and boosted the non factory OC card to the same settings as the OC one.

Result!

Temps seem Ok - the hotter of the two cards topped out at 79 degrees after thrashing Unigine at max settings and tesselation etc and it still had headroom on the fans - didn't go above 65%

In actual gaming (Shogun 2 with Max settings and Just Cause two) it seems content to lurk in the low to mid 70s.

I am presuming anything below 85 should be fine?

Now to get that 24" monitor...

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Nice.

Make the fans run faster.
    The hotter temps are, the earlier you invite a failure.

4. Item!

Item! Guest

GPU:
    I will have a play with the fan profiles tonight.

Probably going to use MSI afterbuner - any different/better recommendations?

...I can actually see myself just ending up getting a HAF-X or something else with a side-fan TBH!

5. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    EvGA precision is also good.. but here at Guru3D we like Afterburner because RivaTuner was born here :)

6. Item!

Item! Guest

GPU:
    Well Afterburner it is!

Rig still running really well - I have actually now elected to drop the clocks and voltage for both cards to the stock levels. In 3D Mark, this loses me about 600 points...

In the real world it makes bugger all difference to my frame rates and lowers the temperature by about 4-5 degrees!

Gaming temps on the hotter of the two cards rarely seem to get much beyond 75, with the second card coming in 10 degrees lower.

With VSync on, I am getting a nice flat, unbroken 60fps in all the games I play (with the exception of Shogun 2 which drops a little with everything maxed, but not to annoying levels!) and I should be ready for BF3 and Skyrim etc.

I will still probably get the HAF-X just to get those temps down a little, but for now I am a happy camper.

Thanks again Gurus - your help was really appreciated.