Overclock Crashes

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by SoulOfArchangel, Mar 23, 2012.

1. SoulOfArchangel

SoulOfArchangel Guest

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 460 2GB
    Hallo community, i am a new member here in this forum and i would like to share my problem with you.

First of all i have a Sparkle Gtx 460 2gb card. I use msi afterburner 2.2.0 BETA 15.

My default Core Clock is 700 MHz Shader 1400 Memory 1800.

I overclocked my video card with baby steps (per 25 Mhz) And i overclocked my CPU to 800 coreclock 1600 shader and 2000 memmory.
    Every 25 Mhz i tested my card with Furmark 1.91 and i had no problems no flashes or other staff. My temperatures are from 29 to 60. I was using Burn-IN test with furmark and all was fine. But when i used Burn-In benchmark 1920x1080 15 min my card crashed after 30 seconds. Even when i use windows 7 test perfomance my card is crashing and in other games too such as Need For Speed the run. Not all the times but some times. Whats more realised that after 5 mins of benchmark my card drops it"s Clock from 800 to 400 mhz and it starts to lag in fps.. (22 max fps gets to 10)

After those tests i lowered and problem still was the same until i reset to defaults and problem fixed.. I read a lot of forums about gtx 460 overclocks and i saw ppl overclocking this card up to +24%. But i cant mine... this is the only card i cant overclock with success... any ideas??

Thanks in advance

2. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    how much overclock if any can you get before it starts crashing?

and welcome to guru3d :nerd:

3. SoulOfArchangel

SoulOfArchangel Guest

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 460 2GB
    near +- 50mhz

4. Seb1

Seb1 Member

GPU:
    GV-N2060GAMINGOCPRO
    That's a non-reference gfx card you trying to OC, it doesn't have a heatsink on the mosfets and has 2GB GDDR5 memory.

I suggest to raise firs the GPU clock, leave the memory frequency alone.

Don't use FurMark, you can end up with a bricked card ;)

5. bdub5886

bdub5886 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
    If you are running into unstable overclock you need to raise the voltage. Of course it is a none reference card it may not allow voltage adjustments