Need help please

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Kaktus, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Kaktus

Kaktus Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    Hi guys
    I need help, i got this very annoying problem with folding@home the "dos" version? What it does is it would just "freeze" I am not sure if that is the correct term for it but what it does is once it finished the work unit it will take hours sometimes days before it gets the next work unit. It usually happens only to the cpu client, but i noticed the gpu client also does this the last couple of days.

Any ideas as to what can cause this?
    Pics as to where it stands..... :bang::bang:

[​IMG]

2. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I thought maybe the Fah server might just be down or something... you can check this link to see if it is at the time you're trying...
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/serverstat.html

Any other internet issues? Is there a firewall issue?
    *edit* Now I've gone and confused myself!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  3. Kaktus

Kaktus Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    Ta for the reply. I doubt there is an internet problem since the three cpu clients at work does the same from time to time. But not so much as the cpu client here at home. :3eyes:

Something i did notice is it sometimes help to close and re open the client, but that is not always succesfull... Maybe it is the server but i don't really know..:3eyes:

4. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Now my gpu client is doing it. Haven't been able to get a new workload in over 24hrs. The server it's trying to get it from is experiencing technical diff. zzzzz.

5. Romiz

Romiz Guest

Read the news .. no one can fold at this time. Site is under a DOS type attack and now the servers are down.

http://folding.typepad.com/

It is amazing the moronic hackers of all things are attacking a science project. Another case that shows much harder law enforcement is needed. Hackers like this need to serve at least 20 year behind bars and massive fines.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
  6. Kaktus

Kaktus Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    @Romiz... My pc has been doing this for months, but i've become tired of it and that's why i asked if there is a solution to it.. :3eyes:

7. Romiz

Romiz Guest

Try the console version, third one down, see if that resolves the issue. Otherwise it is firewall or windows rights issue. Only thing you never do with the console version is run display. Display is very bugged and crashes folding most of the time. But it is easy to setup and turn off and on.

At this time have it set to launch when PC boots, if I turn it off or reboot after system updates. And had a total of zero console failures other than if OC too far or stanford servers are down. Also use it is some games do not work with F@H and takes 2 clicks to turn folding off, 2 to 3 seconds.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
  8. Romiz

Romiz Guest

Also here is a minor test from Stanford forums. It will show very basic data but who knows it could find your problem. Another test is www.pingtest.net and select San Francisco, California - USA. It will show if you have internet issues and the location noted is very close to Stanford University.

http://iperf.stanford.edu/