RivaTuner 2.08 doesnt regocnise Catalyst 8.3

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by pdub9, Mar 10, 2008.

1. pdub9

pdub9 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 3850/512MB
    When I load 2.08 it tells me under driver settings window that:

No supported drivers detected for this display adaptor.

Under Target Adapter it does show ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series, then next line down: 256-bit RV670 (320sp) with 512MB DDR3 memory.

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling the Catalyst 8.3 and RT 2.08 to no avail.

Am I right in assuming that RT 2.08 should recognise my driver?

I am using Vista x64 Ultimate and have a Sapphire 3850.

Thanks.

2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Same problem here with vista 64 ultimate also.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Ignore the warning, I don't have 64-bit driver versions in the database.

4. pdub9

pdub9 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 3850/512MB
    Thanks for the prompt reply Unwinder.

Good to know its normal, can you tell me please, is there a 64-bit version of the 8.2 catalyst?

I want to be able to perform seperate overclocks for 2d/3d mode and I think this lack of driver recognition is whats preventing me from having two seperate modes.

Thanks again.

5. Unwinder

That's not 8.3's limitation, you won't be able to use DPM (Dynamic Power Management, also known as PowerPlay) when overclocking any 38x0 via RT under any OS under any driver version. That's internal Catalyst's limitation - PowerPlay is available only when using CCC's generic overclocking interfaces, which have really low clock limits. So if you want to overclock the card a bit - use CCC for that. If you wish to overclock the card beyond CCC's limits - use RT/ATITool/AMDGPUClockTool, but you'll loose PowerPlay in this case.

6. pdub9

pdub9 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 3850/512MB
    Right, that explains it.

Thanks again Unwinder, and thank you for a wonderful program :)

7. sOLja_sLiM504

sOLja_sLiM504 Member

GPU:
    Ati Radeon HD 2600xt 256 MB GDDR 4
    Hmm, interesting. I have vista 32 and it doesn't recognize my 8.3 cat's either..

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  8. Unwinder

Weird, let me install Vista x86 on my ATI based PC and see if I can reproduce the problem with 8.3.

9. Unwinder

Confirmed. 8.3 driver detection doesn't work under Vista due to internal changes in the driver. The workaround will be implemented in the next version. Just ignore the warning, it doesn't affect anything but idsplaying driver version in the main tab.

10. Hancoque

Hancoque Member

Any news on this?

11. Unwinder

Huh...
    Don't be egoistic and don't expect new versions of RT every week. I've real life besides coding freeware tool.

12. Hancoque

Hancoque Member

You seem to be somehow offended by my question. Is it too much to wonder what progress has been made during the past three weeks?

13. Unwinder

_WHAT_ progress do you expect? Once again, the fix will be in 2.09. And I don't release new versions weekly or dayly.

14. Hancoque

Hancoque Member

You're exaggerating. It has been three weeks since the last reply in this thread. That is not weekly nor daily. What I hoped for was something like a hotfix for 2.08 to address the driver detection issue, so that once again RT could be used with recent ATI drivers.

15. Unwinder

ATI users are really killing me.

Just ignore the warning, it doesn't affect anything but idsplaying driver version in the main tab.

16. Hancoque

Hancoque Member

Oh well, it seems that I have completely misunderstood the purpose of the program. I thought that the driver detection would be necessary to be able to control 3D driver settings for OpenGL and Direct3D, but on Wikipedia I just read that these features are not available for ATI cards. Never mind.