Microsoft's new Office apps now available for Android phones

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Extraordinary, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  2. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Nice Extraordinary.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Wasn't there already an ms office apparently before? Sure I used one. This looks good though

edit, woops, that was quickoffice

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  4. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Is there a difference in the individual apps over ms office mobile?

5. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I'm going to try Word since I don't like the other word processing apps I have on my tablet.

6. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics
    I tested these out and, whilst they are very nicely built apps, for the average user I cant see any real need to have these on your device considering their large file size (around 100mb each) when google docs will do just as good a job for much less space consumed.

I opened both apps and tried general formatting and font changes on both and could do everything Id need in an office app easily in both. If you need specific features from the MS office programs then great but otherwise Google Docs is still the go to app for office for me.

7. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    Was excited about this until I actually used it.

You can't actually edit or create documents unless you create or sign in with a Microsoft account. You can create a blank document that's read only or look at documents already on your phone.

Also according to reviews, you don't have access to copy and paste without paying for the full version of the app. I'm not able to see if this is legit due to the fact that I don't like being forced to sign into an app without even getting to test it first.

I'll steer clear of this mess.