Suggestions for the best gaming laptop on the market?

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by Elder III, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Without going into a ton of backstory, I anticipate buying another laptop sometime this Spring season and the budget will be substantially larger then any previous single computer purchase I have made. I'd like some ideas and feedback as to the best model(s) on the market considering my criteria.

1. 17" or BIGGER screen.
    2. 1920x1080 resolution (I don't want it any bigger since the text becomes too small for me to read comfortably in many applications.)
    3. Backlit keyboard.
    4. Best CPU & GPU available within my budget.
    5. Cooling that can handle the above. I don't mind using a cooling pad if need be.
    6. Reliability, longevity and warranty.
    7. SSD for OS 120GB or larger.
    8. 8 GB RAM or More.
    9. 1TB or larger HDD for games etc.
    10. Optical Drive - DVDRW is fine, would consider BluRay if price was similar.

I would like to buy from http://www.xoticpc.com/ since they have wonderful customer service and I would like to support them. I would prefer to stay under $2000 but would consider approaching $2500 if I felt really good about the purchase.

Any thoughts on a good model?

*Things that don't matter to me: battery life, weight.... this will be 98% stationary.

2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    The new Rog series from Asus is the only choice and within budget(i7,gtx 980M,16g,ssd,etc).
    G750JY I think.
    It has an IPS display also,and the best design and cooling.:)

3. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I liked that ASUS allot, but I'm currently drooling over this bad boy:

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np9772-clevo-p770zm-eta-mar-31st-p-7856.html

The thought of a real desktop i7 is too much to pass up on, esp in that price range. The reviews on notebookcheck.net are quite positive too. I basically just need to decide if a 980m is worth $300 extra over a 970m.

4. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW

5. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    Money no object - Eurocom lets you configure the fastest gaming "notebooks" on the earth (or about) - just put some $10 - 15000 into it....
    Probably some other Clevo clones do the same, too.

6. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I'm actually looking at the Sager NP9772 as my first choice. If I order from XoticPC I have the option of installing my own OS and SSD, which will save me a good $100. The end price will probably be similar, but I've had good service from XoticPC before I would like to support them if the price is close to the same.

7. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7800
    I would say to get the Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD or the Crucial MX200 500GB SSD for the laptop.

8. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Yeah I saw you picked a sager after I posted :) I've been super happy with mine.

9. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I'm really stoked about it having a desktop i7-4790K in it. It's going to kick the tail of my current laptop (which ain't bad at all). :)

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    if you want a nice laptop and not over 1000$ get the lenovo ideapad full hd, core i7 with gt 860m, u can play any game at 1080p it is a very nice laptop, and not expensive.

11. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Sure for less than 1000,but I've seen one in action, and I wasn't impressed at all.

Not future proof anyways.

12. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    Yep, 860M is on the lower limit of real playability, I'd save a little more and get at least 870M/965M or even 970M.

13. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    since you mention 98% stationary, I would look into Alienware only because of their graphics amplifier.
    You can do some serious gaming with such an option. And even if you go mobile, their laptops are still decent for gaming too.

[​IMG]

14. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
  15. Atreyix

Atreyix Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-x
    I search around for a laptop awhile ago, I always found that the Asus or the Sager's were the best choice, as sager is the best in situation of money. And asus for durability.