Artefacts lines after catylast uninstall

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by SirXe, Jul 16, 2014.

1. SirXe

SirXe Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    Hey everyone,
    at first pls excuse my english, i hope you understand me and my problem ;)

I have a strange problem with my MSI R9 290 4G, i think its a software problem, but step by step.
    Everytime i uninstall my catalyst driver (systempanel -> express uninstaller) i got extrem artefacts AFTER the restart. Thats how it looks:

hxxp://abload.de/image.php?img=img_20140716_131003bdriv.jpg
    -replace xx with tt , i am under 10 post ;)
    Everytime its exact the same picture!

And they stay! I can reboot hundred times, the UEFI Screen or my ubuntu works perfect but windows its like above.
    So the only way i know to get rid of it: Boot to windows save mode (works perfect) and use the DDU removal tool, after a restart everything is fine. I can install every catalyst. I can play hours of hours battlefield 4, rund 3dmark 2 hours in loop, everything good no artefacts nothing (so i dont believe in hardware failure), but when i want to uninstall the catalyst again, reboot....than its back again! Its 100% reproducible !

Any idea?

My system:
    asus vii hero
    msi 4g r9 290
    no oc

Thank your very much!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  2. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD6750M OC 775 950
    i think that fault from windows basic display driver try to get another version of windows i was getting that error before with windows 7 and it solved with 8.1 completely