eDimensional cheates people by saying it works with LCD

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by saikamaldoss, Jun 11, 2010.

1. saikamaldoss

saikamaldoss Member

GPU:
    ATI 4850 770/1100
    its been some time eDimensional cheating people saying their glasses work with LCD at 60hz and some say it works on some monitor. the truth is they dont with any LCB monitor. i had a samsung 22 and i can do 1680x1050@75 5ms and was not able to do 3D and i wasted 335$ on a new 24inch monitor and native is 1920x1080 @60hz and it can do 1680x1050 @ 85hz 2msGTG

its a BenQ 2400HD and still no 3D and now the suppose guy says hey never worked with LCD. its pure case of cheating. even if it works with one LCD model. they can recommend that. hmmmm Bl** cheats.

Here is the proof..

[​IMG]

and there is a 3D viewer Kit from Japan which is similar to Nvidia 3D vision and i works with my new BenQ 2400HD. hmmm

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  2. kyodai

kyodai New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia / 8600 GT / 1024 M
    Yeah i know that problem. Luckily in germany when you mail order stuff like LCD screens you can always send them back and return your money without telling a reason within 14 days which makes choice easier. I have an old LG which was a bargain and works fine. What i noticed is that one would believe like "Faster response time is better" like with games. But for shutter glasses the opposite is true. WHile technically more then 16 ms response time should be impossible i have experienced that 5 ms response worked perfectly but 2ms was badly glitched. No idea if that was a co-incidence as when you think logically you'd say 2 ms would be best, i think they somehow have a method that is either turning off the pixels for a very short time during refresh or they are tricking around with the refresh timing. I have not found any serious technical explanation, but i think they are indeed misleading to claim "it works with LCD", in the small print they only rule out "laptop screens". I think they work with "most" LCD screens, but definitely not with ALL. they really should write it like this or at least provide a list with real testing results.

3. saikamaldoss

saikamaldoss Member

GPU:
    ATI 4850 770/1100
    Atlast i got pi**ed and took the glasses to my friends shop. he is a hardware dealer. we spent whole day checking on 13diff monitors and still same problem. the only difference is that some monitor gives little 3d on the top part of the screen and some give on the bottom half.. but non gave Full screen 3D. so they are lying.. cheaters.. hmmm feel like :biggun: them

4. kyodai

kyodai New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia / 8600 GT / 1024 M
    Hmmm, did you try them on a CRT to make sure it's not the glasses that are broken? Maybe they sent you faulty ones or so?

5. saikamaldoss

saikamaldoss Member

GPU:
    ATI 4850 770/1100
    Ya they are working on a CRT 19"samsung and i feel bad that is not working on a LCD :flame2: and i don't understand how do they cheat people like this. if the company was in India. i would have set it on fire. :flame2:

6. Zloth

Zloth Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Nvidia GTX 780
    Jeez, no need to get violent.

It sounds like the glasses can't sync up with the monitor. That's not a surprise, most LCD monitors don't have that ability. NVidia has a pretty short list of monitors that work with its system. I bet only a few work with eDimensional, too.

7. saikamaldoss

saikamaldoss Member

GPU:
    ATI 4850 770/1100

i think you missed the point. everyone knows that the shutter glasses will work with 120hz monitor. ED site says its glasses will work with 75hz LCD monitor and that was the basis of my purchase. or els i would have not bought that stupid glasses. and thats wrong information and its like fooling the customer right ??

8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    If they cant perform as advertised, ask for a refund.
    Come and ball ache them if they dont look after you.

However, are you using a newer glasses kit or an older one?
    I ask because I have an earlier version for CRT use.
    After they released LCD support at sub 100Hz, I emailed and asked if mine would work ok with an LCD and they told me they wont which is a disappointment.
    At that point I gave up buying new 3D kit until a suitable standard emerges.
    Sadly even with NVidias efforts, enough hasnt been done for me to specifically buy anything for 3D.
    Still too beta for my liking and I'm a supporter.

9. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Did you use iZ3D tool when you try those glasses, and not what ED gives you.Its a program that let you setup your games for 3D with diffent glasses. The IZ3D one should work better then ED own setup for it.

The speed of the games will be half of those refresh rates. Like if you have a 60hz lcd you will get 30fps per eye. Most likey its a typo as I saw other glasses that dont work with 75hz because of the odd number of the refresh rates.

I agree with Zloth there might be compabilty issues between lcd montiors, I have read people with them getting them to work but they had 60hz lcds.

But as I mention if you havent already tried. Give IZ3D a shot its free and have options for stutter glasses.

But yea theres no need to fly off the handle I understand that you upset about not getting something to work. But you dont need to get so angery that you give your self a stroke.

edit: i didn't know they made a newer pair for 100hz lcds.

10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    re: 100Hz
    to clarify, I dont think they made a pair of glasses for 100Hz LCDs, that wasnt what I intended to say.
    The CRT version worked very well at 100Hz or above and this is what I have.
    LCDs were all sub 100Hz and they brought out a new version of the glasses for LCDs.
    My older glasses are not compatible, the newer supposedly are.
    I wondered if the op is also trying to use the older glasses with an LCD.

11. saikamaldoss

saikamaldoss Member

GPU:
    ATI 4850 770/1100
    i bought this 20days back and its the LCD version with the logo and it says eDimensional on the dongle. an i have the old version too. that just has the logo on the dongle. no eDimensional sticker and they wont even respond to LCD. this one gives me 3D in the bottom part of the screen.

12. saikamaldoss

saikamaldoss Member

GPU:
    ATI 4850 770/1100
    i tried everything my friend. first i tried ED drivers and then IZ3D with interlaced mode. horizontal. and thas when i started getting a little 3D effect on the bottom, that too when i use the activator in LCD 1 mode.

13. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Get in touch with them, it may be a known issue or a fault.
    If it cant be fixed, then ask for a refund.

14. saikamaldoss

saikamaldoss Member

GPU:
    ATI 4850 770/1100
    [​IMG]

my monitor supports 85hz i am using BenQ 2400HD and they say their glasses support LCD at 60hz and the works is mine is doing 85hz @ 2ms. still no use. this monitor is very good and is recommended my 3D viewing kit company.

They only say 60hz LCD and recommended 75hz for LCD.

here us the proof [​IMG]

I am from India and in India 110$ is big money man. i could eat food for 2 months with that money.

i had to save up and in the end what am i getting. so do u understand y it hurts soo much ?? :(

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  15. saikamaldoss

saikamaldoss Member

GPU:
    ATI 4850 770/1100
    ya i did and they say thats all is possible. all i will get is little 3D effect and that's all LCD can do.

here is the chat between me and ED. they know it wont work. but they are still selling and making people return their glasses. they are rotating money this way..

[​IMG]

Any way i have submitted a case against ED on the basis of Mass Market Fraud with FBI and BSA. it will be slow but effective. :) i don't see a option. i cannot watch people getting cheated.

update: I spoke to BSA and they are working on the case and collecting evidence :) GR8

At last they accepted that Full screen 3D is not possible with LCD Screens.

here is the proof. but they put it in a different way. more 3D in the bottom hmmm what a trick :bang:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010