E3D googles + Analog TFT

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by kach, Oct 3, 2007.

1. kach

kach New Member

:knock:Hi everybody . . .
    My E3d goggles should arrive tomorrow . . .
    I have a LCD that can use either digital or analog signals. If i use the 15pin analog connector will I be able to use the goggles and also Nvidia stereo drivers ??

2. buddee

buddee Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 7900 GTX
    yep it will work with 15pin analog connector, i'm using 162.50 for stereo and forceware, gives you good image quality.

1 thing , most of game don't work if you enable stereo by shortcut key in nvidia control panel, so try using always on in panel.

3. kach

kach New Member

:mad3: Ay these guys are still waiting for their shipment to clear customs
    i hope to have my goggles by Friday afternoon here(GMT +2) so i haven't had a chance to test the drivers as yet . . .

will post as soon as i test 'em :cyclone:

4. kach

kach New Member

Ok Finally got 'em the damn thing doesn't work with my LCD . . . :bash:
    going to try testing various stereo driver combinations and also test on a CRT to c the diference . . .
    :bigsmile:
    i hope you other peepl out there have good luck with stereo keep us posted (",) -->

5. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    When you say that it doesn't work with the LCD what do you mean exactly? Does the LCD show two images that look like being shown at the same time but the glasses don't flicker, or is it that the stereo doesn't even start? If the monitor shows two images, the glasses flicker, but when you put the glasses on you see the LCD as if its off, then its a polarisation issue. The glasses you got are not compatible with LCDs.
    Keep in mind that for stereo drivers to work, you need to have the SAME version of both FF and stereo drivers. Down to the .xx version.
    Also, if you can't see the stereo section, you should revert to the old school GUI to see it.

6. jbalat

jbalat Member Guru

GPU:
    7900 GT
    I thought you need to run the ED drivers so that it works with LCD - of course only with the new LCD compatible glasses ?

7. Glidefan

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    I apologize, i forgot about that. I don't really know about it because i haven't got an LCD monitor, but you might be right since i guess you might want to use interlace than page flipping with 60Hz.

8. Brinkofnuttynes

Brinkofnuttynes Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GF 7900GTO
    I cant get mine to work with a my LCD monitor..

I have a 19" samsung @ 75Hz

and aa geforce 7900 GTO..

have been messing with it for HOURS.. and cant get anything other than a crazy flickering mess..

im not sure exactly what stereo drivers or card drivers im supposed to be using..

HELP!!!

9. Glidefan

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    flickering mess? You mean that the screen actually clickers the two different view points back and forth but the goggles don't flicker?
    (also, it would be better to make a thread for your problem than taking over someone else's thread ;))

10. Fantom1985

Fantom1985 New Member

GPU:
    XFX 7950GT 512MB AGP
    TFT or CRT...

I think the problem comes from the fact LCD monitors don't really work with the shutter glasses; at least thats true with Nvidia's drivers. I believe a CRT monitor will work with E3D goggles and nvidia stereo drivers, but as far as the LCD monitor goes, ir probably won't. The flickering occurs, both on the lcd monitor and the glasses, but its as if its out of synch, because it doesn't look 3D. I had the same issue when trying to program a microcontroller to make my old VR-100 glasses to flicker. I'm no expert, but i think its just better to have a CRT, but good luck finding one these days if you dont already have one.

11. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    use 60.

lcd's accomplish 75 by only buffering at 60hz, but drawing a repeated frame to show 75.

ex

1 2 3 4 4 5 6 7 8 8 9 10 11 12 12

etc.

it will just ruin your goggle timing.

-scheherazade

12. Brinkofnuttynes

Brinkofnuttynes Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GF 7900GTO
    my beef is that on eDs site they state in a very matter of fact manner, that the glasses

Now supporting both CRT and LCD monitors!

you dont find out till later when you try and used them that this is, pretty much a complete and total lie..

i still havent recieved a reply back from them about this BTW..

:bash:

13. Fantom1985

Fantom1985 New Member

GPU:
    XFX 7950GT 512MB AGP
    Yes, it does support LCD...

It does support LCD, but the support is terrible. The flicker of both the glasses and the monitor is out of synch with an LCD, and that previous post about the LCD monitor simulating the refresh rate of 75Hz makes perfect sense of why this would happen. If possible, get a CRT monitor, I just switched today from a TFT LCD monitor and everything works perfectly. Word of advice with these goggles (if you have an nvidia card that is) don't use their software, you don't need it. Plug the dongle in, then use nvidia's drivers. If their software is running as well, it causes all sorts of issues. Quake 3 is one of the best quick games to test 3d out on as well, just fyi! :)