The PC Games Optimization Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by snight01, Mar 22, 2016.

1. TheRyuu

TheRyuu Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    If it looks, smells and sounds like snake oil...

2. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    This is proberly the most funny thing I ever heard dissabling the firewall to get more Fps out of games. The only thing you should get is maybe more bandwith that's all :p

3. TheRyuu

TheRyuu Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    You probably won't even get that. Where I think you may get is an overall increase in throughput with the number of connections (connections/sec) but I still think you'd have to be doing some really heavy networking and you'd never see that kind of network activity outside of a server (where you would actively want the firewall enabled). I'm just speculating though so you may not even see a difference there. I doubt it makes a difference for bandwidth throughput.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I could only imagine it to be a problem with extremely limited CPU and RAM resources.

5. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    True it would be an tiny difference because the firewall does not check's any packages if it is turned off and on an home systeem don't bother indeed.

6. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Yea it's pretty black and white. Either the program you are using can connect or it can't.

Unless... you have a trojan that is spawning a million connections a minute trying to connect because the firewall is blocking it, and when you disable the firewall it is allowed out so it stops spawning so many threads and using your CPU? :p

7. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Well I'm done here. Site ain't for me