Bought Canon EOS 650D with extra zoom kit

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by Mr.Bigtime, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Hi,

finally achieved a newbie photographer thing. i was always into photography but indeed needed a WILLING.

Today got my Canon machine.

i made a little research , not big. so want ur advice guys:

is this machine Ok with my new skills?

i have not much skill but i want STATIC object photo shooting. mostly animals, insects or some natural stuff.

i for now, no idea how to use the option of the machine. toyed for 10 minutes. some options seems making sense to me. some not.

do u have any advice to set on? maybe leave all AUTO? lol . iam sure i talk so noobish. sorry.

this is the device by the way

http://www.vatanbilgisayar.com/cano...-lcd-ekran-slr-dijital-fotograf-makinesi.html

2. uberdruid

uberdruid Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 7900
    I remember when I first got my Canon 350D and had absolutely no idea how to drive it.

I ended up finding a DVD (back in the day) from a company called blue crane digital which took me through the fundamentals and also explained concepts such as depth of field and metering etc... This really helped me find my feet. When I switched my camera to the 40D, I went back and got the DVD for that one along with a few others they have which better explained lighting etc... I tend to learn better from example than from reading.

Just had a look and they seem to have one for the CANON REBEL T4I/650D listed on their site.

While blundering along was ok, it wasn't till I ended up peering up to some other people which really helped me understand some of the concepts I was toying with. I distinctly recall my introduction to filters which just blew my mind.

My advice would be that if online tutorials aren't cutting it, perhaps look into the DVD as mentioned. Local camera clubs would also help you and a good one should give you some projects to get your teeth into.