Riva Tuner Problem is it XP?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by marvelousmike, Apr 24, 2004.

1. i got me a radeon 9500 non pro with 128mb ram half a year ago.everything went fine and luckly i had one that was able to be patched to a 9700pro.all this was back then when catalyst 3.0 was out.then a while past and new driver came out.i tried it with catylyst 3.7 and rivatuner 14.1 still worked.now i tried it with catylyst 4.3 and the latest riva tuner and it didnt work no more.it does say in riva tuner (256bit r300 8x1 128mb ddr) but my points in 3dmark 2001 se are way to less. i use to have about 16400 and now i get about 13500!? the wired thing is that i made a format c: and after that it wont even work with catalyst 3.7 and riva tuner 14.1 no more.i dont know where to search or what to do because i really didnt do anything different from the last time.need seriously help!!!

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

What's a point in using outdated RC14.1 if 14.3 is already available for download? ;)

3. I did try the new version,but it didnt work.like i said the only way i could get it working was with riva 14.1 and catalyst 3.7 no other driver was working.even when i tryed latest rivatuner and latest catalyst it wouldnt work.the wired thing is that it wont work with any catalyst no more.like i said riva patched it sucessfully but i cant reach the score no more that i use to have.so i diceded to hardwaremode the card ,witch i did ,flashed the bios to a 9700 one and still without riva i wont be able to get the points back that i use to have.what could that be? the card is 100% ok.no artifacts or any other signs of damage.could it be that it is benchmark problem on my system (3d mark 2001 se and 3dmark 2003???) are there any other benchmarks where i can compare my points.

my sytem 2500barton@3200barton
    corsair3200
    epox 8rda3i
    radeon 9500@9700pro

use to have 16488 points in 3d mark 2001 se and now thgere droppped to 13250 points.especially in the second test,the one with the dragon im losing hardcore fsp.so please help and give me a tip what it could be.thanxxx mike

4. Exar Kun

Exar Kun Guest

I have the same problem mike, just after ive installed the newest catalyst. The strangest thing Riva says patch succesful, but the results are like an 9500 and my video adapter are still a radeo 9500. Guys i didn see this thread before, strange title. So could u please respond to my thread aswell :)

Apparently mike and i are the only ones so far with this problem.

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

If you see 8x1 after installing the script, there is nothing wrong. Compare pached vs. unpatched score instead of patched 3.7 vs patched 4.4 score. Different drivers = optimizations for different benchmarks.

Exar Kun

> The strangest thing Riva says patch succesful, but the results are like an 9500 and my video adapter are still a radeo 9500.

RTFM, keyword is WFP.

6. i really understand what you mean,but how can it droppe from 16488 to 13400 ,and the frames dropped from more then 300 to 220 in the second benchmark with the dragen in 3d mark 2001 se? and how could it be that i tryed my old catalys 3.7 with rivatuner 14.1 that brought me 100% 16488 points and now no more.i mean if had those points with the 3.7 catalyst i should be able to get them back. right? but i dont! name a other benchmark where i can compare the results with my sytem to other users.like i said earlyer ,i hardwaremodded my card sucessfully and still aint able to get the points back,rather in 3d mark 2001 se or 3d mark 2003.so i really think its an windows xp problem.