Parking wars

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Extraordinary, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I don't have a car, but I have a need for the space in front of my house to be clear now and then for taxis with shopping etc

The last few weeks Ive started having a problem with a neighbour about 5 doors up from me, for no apparent reason him and his wife have started parking outside my door

This wouldn't be a problem normally, but the space outside their house is completely empty, like 7 cars space empty

Because I don't drive, it wouldn't normally bother me, but the car they leave parked there barely gets used, and is there 24/7, so when we go shopping, or whatever, we can't get parked outside the house to drop off the shopping

To the question most people will ask, "Why have you not asked him to move it?" - Every single time we try to catch him, he runs away, yea literally runs away, his partner does the same thing with her car, myself and my gf have both tried to ask them WTF are you playing at, knocked on their door, and we get either no answer or they just run off

Today I stuck a note on his windscreen saying "Park outside your own house" - see what happens

But basically - WTF?

EDIT - The car in question

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    So he's not doing anything unlawful. He's simply being rude.
    That's tough :)

I'd try not to escalate.
    Just a short informative conversation, not friendly, and not unfriendly.

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Sounds like they're just d-bags that want to inconvenience people....

Are the parking spaces assigned in any way, aside from the physical location?

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    That's the problem, unless I grapple him to the floor, I can't talk to him

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    No, that's the problem, it's just a street, they're just being tw4ts

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    park your car there for awhile he will get used to parking somewhere else

dude in some towns near me after it snows they put chairs out to protect the spots....then if you move them you better be packing because they will riddle it with gun shots.
    They don't move the chairs much :)

7. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    That makes no sense - no one does that.
    I'm sure there is a perfectly good explanation, proly something to do with their own comfort. I don't know, it's very strange.

Maybe they are about to set it on fire and collect insurance :idea:

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I don't have a car though, that's where my problem starts because I look like a tw4t complaining when I don't drive

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    We might find out sooner than later

10. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT Nitro+
    Apply a bottle of dish-washing liquid to car windshield ?

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Classic steps in our city:
    - Place a brick on newspaper and put it onto car`s roof.
    - Shed any grain or bread crumbs onto car`s roof - birds will like it.

I don`t know whether such steps against laws, but here in Russia severity of laws is compensated by optionality of their execution.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I beg to differ.....unless you're being sarcastic anyway.

Last place we lived, we had some d-bags that lived on one side of us that would park at our curb just to cause us problems. We had some d-bags on the other side that would tell their friends to park at our curb because they didn't like me. They even tried several times to steal our dog. There's d-bags everywhere that just want to make others as miserable as possible.

13. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    let the interwebz help you, put an add on craigslist, if someone needs a place to park at night they can have your place, all they need to do is remove this one first

in case it escalates you can move aside since you don't own a car, its none of your business

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    My sister has the same issue, but it is with a GHA(glasgow housing assosiation), worker that bring the big works van home and parks it right in front of where she lives, and because of the length of it, it takes up two car spaces, and being a slip road he also has to park two wheels up on the kerb, and let me just add he does not even live on said street, lives round the corner, a total prick pardon my french, and one that quite a few people are getting annoyed with.

Very annoying when people cannot park their own cars in front of their own home, yet he does what he wants with a van he does not even have to pay for in any sense.

15. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'd advise you report him to the council mate, but as we both know sod all will happen. I'd keep an eye on the window and wait for them to try and park and go out to have a word, they sound like a couple of arseholes tbh.

16. Frances

Frances Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti
    When I first read this, I wasn't sure about you. But after some thinking, you seem like a dude who knows what's up.

You won't win this with aggression, so what else is there? Guilt. Women have been using this against men for years, why can't we?

Write a note apologizing about the first note, and then tell him you have been much less patient since you were diagnosed with cancer. Tell him about how having such a short time to live has given you insight and you aren't even worried about how hard his inconsiderate parking is making your life, well what little you have left is.

If he doesn't move the car still just burn it, because he deserves a burnt car for not caring about a cancer stricken pedestrian.

Cheers

17. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    [​IMG]

18. HawaiianBrian

HawaiianBrian Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12 G MSI
    Find some local kids that don't know exactly where you live.
    Pay them to let the air out of the cars tires. Do it over and over.
    They will move.:D
    Also really like the idea of feeding the birds on cars roof.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    If they run away every time you try to talk to them I'd just result to something fun.

I'd start with taking off his windscreen wipers, then when they replace them, take them off again. Throw them in the bin. If this doesn't work, deflate his tyres. Etc.

Them parking outside your house is just c*ntish, if I'm honest.

20. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    First make few shoots and videos them parking in front of your house with surveilance camera or with webcam just to have proof what they are doing. Invite few of your good friends who have their cars to sleep over night at your house, make a party, better let them sleep two nights. One of them can park super-close behind your neighbours car, other can park in front of neighbours car. Just block them so that they can't move forth and back more than few centimeters. They will learn the lesson once when they come a bit later on their jobs.

edit
    I was in similar situation like OP few years ago. Have a weird neighbour across the street who has two cars and for few weeks he parked both cars on parking space in front of my both houses, both of my houses are one next to other, his parking space was empty. I had ignored that for week or two, but few times I couldn't park or unpark two of my cars in or to my garage because of that and I was pissed l lot. Had to call him by phone, few times he appeared after more than 15 minutes, few times he was not home and that was too much for me at that point. One night after midnight I "connected" both of his car with huge chain and gone to sleep. Horn beep waked me in the morning, he was really pissed becazse of this sabotage of mine, half of my neighbourhood has gone outside to see what maniac is horning so early. I had gone outside and he stopped horning, neighbours were watching. Told him clearly if he parks once again on parking space in front of my houses he can expect both cars to be without tires when he wakes up... Never again saw him parking on parking space in front of my houses...

edit #2
    Personally I think they are fooling around with you to see how much you can stand. If you arent doing anything serious to stop them doing this they'll abuse that thinking about you as a whimp and you can expect even more humilliation from them in near future. Stand your ground...