*NEW* anime thread v2.0

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Loophole35, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Well since the server roll back I lost my subscription to the old one again and the "new" on was deleted as it was made just less than a month ago.

Lets kick this off.

Just finished Another and am current on Attack on Titan.

I guess I need to find another show to watch what are you guys watching?

2. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Campione and Mirai Nikki.

3. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Just started Genshiken Second Generation, which is actually the third season. I've been following this show/manga since mid 2000's. Last season was six years ago! I like the show mainly because the characters are in their 20's and I can relate to it a little better. If you like slice of life, check it out.

Other recent slice of life/comedy type shows I like are:
    -Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shi tai
    -Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai
    -Ore no Imouto
    -Working
    -Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shirana
    -Danshi Koukousei No Nichijou
    -Nichijou
    -Kokoro Connect

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I loved Mirai Nikki, i recently finished watching it.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Currently watching Naruto Shippuuden, Attack on Titan, Berserk, Dragonball Z (fourth time) and Aquarion Evol.

6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I watched the original Aquarion how is Evol?

7. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    Classics that i liked long ago
    Dragon Ball
    Yuu Yuu Hakusho
    Evangelion
    Saber Marionette series
    Zenki
    Macross (Robotech)
    BT'X
    Hajime no ippo

some other watched ones
    NHK no Youkoso
    Monogatari series
    Arakawa under the bridge
    Beck
    Gantz
    Tenjo Tenge
    Initial D series
    melancholy of suzumiya haruhi
    mitsudomoe
    lucky star
    black lagoon
    Jormungand
    Upotte!!
    Psycho pass
    (and lots that i dont remember)

recently marathon'd Toaru Majutsu no Index 1 and 2, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, will start watching railgun S soon.

New OP for shingeki no kyojin, Watamote is interesting. Genshiken Nidaime seemed to have lost its magic after the first 2 (maybe because its fujoshi filled now lelz), monogatari is as fanserviced as ever

8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    ^Thought I was the only one that liked Yuu Yuu Hakusho. lol
    I need to watch NKH and a few others that you listed

BTW read the manga for Gantz it just finished, much better than the anime.

Have you been watching the new Eva movies?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  9. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    DBZ and Yu yuu hakusho were the basis for my drawings/style and comics ive been doing ever since, along with hajime no ippo. I got even addicted to the DBZ games on the snes and the 4 player battle royal of yuu yuu hakusho on the genesis/megadrive.

Gantz, you mean much better than the anime ^__^. I think i stopped reading it long ago, prolly will pick it up soon.
    If i remember correctly, i stopped reading around the time where the MC's "friend" was somewhat revived and a psycho kid among them is causing a ruckus (who survived lots of times already)
    watched the EVA movies (1.11 to 3.33), not enough megane scenes lol

10. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Fixed lol....

Yeah that's about three to four story arcs from the last arc. It's worth it to pick it back up.

11. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790

[​IMG]

You guys are awsome.

12. Austyn

Austyn Guest

is this any good? (attack of the titan?)

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    It's good not ground breaking but different. Worth watching the first few episodes to decide for yourself.

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Oh i didn't know this was a sequel, then i'm gonna watch that first before this one.

Thanks for telling me.

15. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Evol was pretty good tbh. I might even go as far and say that Evol is bit better then the first one. Which is good on it's own right. Good characters all around.

16. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    Here are a few recommendations if you like some of them you are likely to like the others.

Serial Experiments Lain
    Strange events begin to occur as a withdrawn girl named Lain becomes obsessed with interconnected virtual realm of "The Wired".

Paranoia Agent
    Seemingly unconnected citizens of Tokyo are targeted for bludgeoning by a boy with a golden baseball bat. As detectives try to link the victims, they discover that following the assaults, the victims' lives have improved in some way.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    The series revolves around the members of Public Security Section 9 investigating a case on a corporate terrorist and elite hacker known as The Laughing Man.

Steins;Gate
    Okabe Rintarou, an university student who refers to himself as Crazy Mad Scientist Hououin Kyouma and his lab's members work on a microwave device that can transfer messages to the past.

Claymore
    The protagonist, Clare is a young member of the Claymores, a class of creature who is half human and half demons called Yoma , and whose quest in life is to fight against the full-breed Yomas -- hideous fiends who disguise as humans and feed ruthlessly on them.

Death Note
    An intelligent high school student goes on a secret crusade to eliminate criminals from the world after discovering a notebook capable of killing anyone whose name is written into it.

Hellsing Ultimate
    The vampire Alucard and his newly sired ward Seras tries to protect England from a war-crazed SS-Major who seeks to start an eternal war with his vampire army.

Neon Genesis Evangelion
    When the Angels start attacking the planet Earth in the year 2015, only a handful of 14-year-old EVA pilots are able to stop them. Young Shinji Ikari suddenly finds himself forced to pilot EVA-01, a giant organic mecha, designed and constructed by NERV, that is the only thing that can stop the Angels.

Gungrave
    The series follows Brandon Heat and Harry MacDowell as they rise through the ranks of the Millennion crime syndicate.

Cowboy Bebop
    It follows the adventures, misadventures and tragedies of a bounty hunter crew travelling on the Bebop, their starship

17. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    I've been getting back into anime the past few months. I didn't really visit the old anime threads much so I don't really know what has been talked about but right now I've been working on Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple and Deadman Wonderland.

I'll post more about them once I finish them. :)

18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Kenichi is good but the anime ends at 50 episodes and the Manga is ongoing here's hoping it gets another season or two.

EDIT: wubbles, thanks for posting that again that is definitely a must see list of great shows.

19. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Kenichi has gotten 3 OVA episodes to further the story ^^

20. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    If you love the background story from the X-men (mutants vs humanity), you would love Zettai Karen Children (first series, 51 eps and 1 ep OVA) and Zettai Karen Children The Unlimited (12 eps). What I love about that series that the characters grow up over time and becoming more serious later on. The manga is still ongoing, so I hope for more seasons.