Movies Discussion

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by hallryu, Dec 3, 2011.

1. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Each to their own. I thought KR was great for the role, plus I doubt Vin can move as fast or even like KR.

2. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
  3. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    I didn't see Interstellar yet.

Green screen is used as a background color so it's easily replaced for CGI in a computer. Like selecting a color in a picture in Photoshop and changing it for something else without having the trouble of a complicated selection. Plus it's a movie, it has many frames that need work. Can be used for clothes too or anything you want to modify in the computer later.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  4. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    That was some great drumming. Loved it.

5. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Chappie, shockingly not a Short Circuit reboot as the trailers seemed to lead me to think. The ending of the movie even started to touch on some Ghost In The Shell stuff, not quite as deep and meaningful mind but still probably more than we will actually get from the real live action GITS movie.

Movie was full of usual Bloomkamp traits though, as to weather it was good, well it was enjoyable enough but the story seemed to have too many things that didn't really make sense or aren't ever really explained, without spoiling anything ask why Wolverine wants his robot to be sold to the police when it is clearly military grade tech and then wonder why the movie never actually explains this, their is rather a lot of these moments in the movie.

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah was awesome. Are you a drummer?

7. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
  8. Poison

Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 12gb
    [​IMG]
    ^ great movie ***128087; ***127916;

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Disgusting movie, at one point you can clearly see a womans ankle, i switched it off right away, after watching that one bit for another 40 mins.

Birdman, i watched it and found it meh, i assume i am simply too think to get what the oscar voters got from this.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I couldn't watch more than 30 mins of Birdman, I tried, but failed.

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Godawful inconsistent mess of a movie with terrible dialogue and logic that made my head implode.

A good compositor does not need a green screen, and, if you use a lot of sets you simply don't need a green screen.

If you really really want me to write 10'000 words on why it was so bad like I did for "man of steel" (shudders) then please ask Hilbert to save the forums more often so if it gets hacked (like it did) my post won't get deleted (like it did).

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Birdman was great, it's a little trippy at the start but once you get into it's really enjoyable.

Not got round to Interstellar yet, i do think it looks good but movies that long get shoved to the bottom of the to watch queue.

13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    They use a saturn5 rocket to propel a shuttle into space, which throughout the rest of the film has no trouble taking off and landing on planets with no assistance.

And don't even get me started on them flying directly into a black hole with no consequences...

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    None of that is in the slightest bit important to me when watching fiction.

Non fiction it would though.

15. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    Interstellar was decent until the end where it lost its fizzle.....the end was stupid!

16. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    If you make a sci-fi movie with science as the core hub of the film, you don't throw science out of the window.

If you make a story that happens to be set in a science fiction setting, then that's okay.

This, is not.

It's 3 hours of talking about science incorrectly.

Han Solo flies across half of a galaxy in under an hour, whatever. No biggie. That's fine.

Michael Caine spends 50 minutes talking about a launch into space and the problems of gravity and fuel conservation and embryos, and other stuff. Then immediately into the 2nd act they land and take off with no issues regarding gravity. NOT FINE.

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I will see when i watch it, but the day i start taking movies too seriously will be the day i stop watching movies.

Anyhoo, watched Wiplash last night, great movie and probably my favourite of the Oscar nominated stuff this year.
    The wife liked The Theory of Everything out of them all, but i just didn't like it as much, great acting though.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  18. oppressed

oppressed Guest

GPU:
    6630m
    The Theory of Everything is a great movie for me ..

19. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    TTOE is a good film.

Back on taking films seriously, I only take a film as seriously as the film makers do or set me, as the audience, to take.

It takes itself very seriously and is extremely dry, as a science-science fiction film should, but is backed up with melodrama and inconsistent logic which completely derails the very foundations it works so frickin hard to build.

It simply doesn't know whether it wants to be a Sci-fi movie or a melodrama amongst the stars, about a single parent who has to decide whether to save the planet earth or his whiny, needy, selfish beehatch of a daughter.

20. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    The worst thing about Interstellar is that it steals so much from other movies (regardless how good those were, observing the SIGNS influence), doesn't do anything worthwhile with them only to add nods in order to distract you from how poorly conceived it is.