Ibanez G200CE-NT

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by stevevnicks, Feb 11, 2015.

1. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    i have an ibanez s470 and an VOX VT40+ amp which i love (trying to play heeh) although been wanting an nylon classical acoustic for a while, so today i went into my local guitar shop and purchased the IbanezG200CE-NT

i have not been able to put it down since i got back from the shop lol :)

i cant believe how nice this guitar sounds! got it brand new for £190, for the money all i can say love it :)

(yea i know its an old model but even so it's sounds brill)

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Glad you like it. Ibanez makes some nice guitars for the price.
    I sold my nylon classical yamaha like 15 years ago and always wanted to buy another. Maybe I'll take a look at these.

3. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    if you can still find one, have a play on it then plug it in an amp wow is all i can say :)

few of my friend's have some nylon strung guitars they cost quite a lot more but this deffo stand it's ground for how little it cost :)

i post a link of my mate fred play ing fleetwood mac , he the nutz (well in my eyes at least lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGbZFwb1avU

he's not playing on the guitar im talking about sure thats steel strung but he is good :)

it's his mate norris youtube account, played in norris back garden

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I have a 20 year old Ibanez acoustic at home, only lightly played for a year before I moved out. It's not been touched since the mid 90s. Took it out of it's case last October and it was as good as new. Ibanez indeed make some nice guitars.

5. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    me and a few of my friends have a jam day every now and then, we set up lazers, moon lights and fog machine lol

we just hire out a hall for the afternoon and let rip lol,

although we got told off by the vicar one time, because she said she could smell wacky backy ?

wot us ? never !!

its just a good reason to all meet up really and have an catch up and good day making music and partying for old time sake :) (we are getting old, but still know how to have a good time)

oh we al so hire out a barn on the old farm but this time of year it feckn cold in there lol :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  6. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one

oh well ....

back to the guitar shop :(

i hate to have to say this but after only four days the "Ibanez Ivorex II™ Nut & Saddle" is ermmm well crap !! it's like the metals are of really cheap quality ??

the sound on this guitar is brill although the build quality is not that grate after closer inspection :(

is everything thats being built in chaina these days of such poor quality control ??

after four days of owning this guitar i have to advise if you can find one of good build quality then nice guitar although if this one is anything to go by the build quality control is p!ss poor. :(

7. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    It's probably just a plastic nut. You can get a bone or some other nut for not that much money and change it out yourself. I have an Epi LP custom and it even had a plastic nut. I was surprised...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  8. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Nowadays I won't buy a guitar unless it has a locking trem. I usually block these (so they don't move), but the fine tuners are really useful.

9. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    my ibanez s470 nice build quality,

they didnt have another G200CE-NT replacement at the shop and the owner admited the guitar is not up to standard you would expect from ibanez.

decided to get another ibanez, the TCM50-NT, steel strung electric acoustic (the other nylon acoustics i liked were out of my price range)

not bad sound for what it is, although 100 times better once plugged into an amp :)

so happy in the end.

another one of fred and dave (dave is at his best when on the drums)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3KSZrmPUDQ

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015