*NEW* anime thread v2.0

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Loophole35, Jul 14, 2013.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Yeah i got issues with that. :bang:

I had like 3-4 expensive rigs within 2 years, few notebooks, it got way out of hand...

The moment my salary arrives it's always gone within minutes.

I never pay my bills i spend on electronics etc.

But i'm seeing someone for help so, and i'll never be able to buy stuff ever again though without paying first.

2. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Ouch, thats bad. As for the 580's, well in my opinion they still do pretty well but don't expect to stick bucket loads of AA on in games. For what i play (Heroes of the Storm, Diablo 3, FFXIV, SC2, XCOM, CS:GO, Borderlands and an assortment of stuff on Steam) it's fine at 1080p with very few issues putting setting to veryhigh/ultra. They're only problem with today's world is that they have but only 1.5gb of VRAM which can be eaten through in some games.

One of the reasons i never upgraded these is because I've not really been playing any taxing games recently. Only FFXIV I could say is the most strenuous game going on my PC, and these 580's run it very well considering they were released in Nov 2010.

3. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    So I've been watching Cross Ange lately on Viewster (just waiting for the last couple of episodes to be released) and it's been quite interesting. It has the obligatory fan service which you can get past as lets face it, it's common place but it's essentially Mech's Vs Dragons with some magic thrown in. Worth checking out if that sort of thing floats your boat. I certainly won't say it's on the intellectual side of Anime, more the action orientated flavour with a dash of story :D.

4. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    So far i've watched: Gurren Lagann (EPIC!!), Puella Magi Madoka (some mindf*ck anime) and currently watching Kirino Mosaic.

I really don't like English dubs, but what I hate more are Japanese trying to speak English. Because a small part of Kirino is taking place in the UK, they are certainly trying. Making my ears bleed every time. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015

5. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    Finally got round to watching the rest of Sword Art Online II..

Loved both seasons.. Hit me right in the feels... A lot. Lie down, Try not to cry, Cry a lot!

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Waiting on the english dub of that to come out before watching.

Interesting premise, but the ridiculous harem of women that started happening midway through sao1 was grating.

7. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    Better watch out in SAO2 then :p

8. UltraRik

UltraRik Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA Geforce Cuda 520M
    Must watch:
    Mirai Nikki
    Steins;Gate
    Code Geass :p

9. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Code Geass was excellent and I only watched on the rep around the net. Heard a lot of Steins Gate being good but honestly know nothing about it.

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Time travel comedy drama with some conspiracy stuff, very good, worth watching.

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Fate/Stay Night has started back up.

BTW what is the word on Deadman Wonderland are they going to have more than 13 episodes?

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Was just about to post it too. :D

Is there also a movie out of it?

13. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Guest

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
    Anyone seen the new parasyte live action movie??

Looks amazing!!

Trailer on animenewsnetwork.

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The movie was done before this series but it is based on the ULBW arc.

15. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    I read an article about that a couple of months ago if i recall (although i can't remember where, perhaps Kotaku UK) and the guy wasn't impressed with the film after having read the manga and seen the Anime for it. Not that one guy's opinion really matters too much :p.

Oh and speaking of Live action film, the trailer for Attack on Titan is out and I have to say it doesn't look bad at all. Might have to check it out :nerd:

[​IMG]

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015

16. Crowbar

Crowbar Guest

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING
    Okay, completely uninformed in anime person here. So what's the appeal for you guys in anime? I mean I've seen like some anime a bit and I have utter respect for the artists who do the backgrounds because in some animes they are utterly fantastic, same goes for things(cars etc.), but the faces always bug me. I don't get the appeal of the big eyes, to me it's just weird and imo, the artists are really talented but I don't understand why they chose that path for characters. I guess it's just my weird little bug or whatchu-wanna-call-it. How about you guys, is it the same for you? Do you watch anime for the story, or boobs? Also what anime would you recommend, kinda looking for something new to watch, so fire away!

Also this:

[​IMG]

For ****s and giggles :p

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Watched it till end in hope that main character dies... what a disappointment.

If you want some fighting/carnage then there is:
    Fate Zero -> Quite good background story which drives escalating clash for power.
    Wolf's Rain -> No comments needed after EP1.
    Samurai Deeper Kyo -> OK, Hard to not spoil story by hints...
    Darker Than Black -> While most of people there knows nothing about their consequences (Like Doom 1 ~ 3 experiments), they do them. And then there are few with destiny.
    Zetsuen no Tempest -> Magic, Fate of the world. Very good story, but not many will like it.
    Texhnolize -> future, robotics, ... If you live through 2nd episode which is weakest, then you can watch it till end. But it keeps steady quality from episode 7 till end.
    Berserk / Claymore -> Medieval, not deep story.
    Ninja Scroll/Basilisk -> Clan Extermination, no story, just character interaction.

Then there is Manga, while I think mostly manga is better than anime adaptation of same story, many may get bored from details.
    Abara -> Mutation, Carnage par excellance, End of everything...
    The Breaker / The Breaker: New waves -> While main character is quite boring, he evolves and is acceptable later. Good Back Story too. (still ongoing, but a lot of episodes)
    Psyren -> Not much story, good enough plot. OK characters, a lot of death.
    Junk Record -> Sci-Fi armors
    Gantz -> Scf-Fi, Re-dead. I would not write it to anime, since manga is much better in this case.

And don't expect any of them end up well.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I like their pick of characters, they are very similar to manga. But those blades... Well, nothing is perfect.

19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    So I had to share this because it's true, awesome, and funny! Was reading around about Dragon Ball Super, and saw some comments about Gohan and what he's become.

20. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Looks pretty cool! Gonna watch that one :D

BTW: Asian were supposed to extinct weren't they :bang: LMFAO