ASRock Game Blaster (Creative Core3D)

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Keitosha, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    I was just looking around and found this:
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/spec/Card.asp?Model=Game%20Blaster

[​IMG]

Looks like this card will also be bundled with the ASRock X79 Extreme6/GB mainboard: http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=X79%20Extreme6/GB

This card looks more interesting than the real deal from Creative, also thanks to the somewhat smaller size.

Anyone tried this card out?

2. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    - 102dB 24-bit DAC
    - 101dB 24-bit ADC

Son, I am disappoint.

Other than that and lack of ASIO support it would be rather interesting card.

3. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    It's the same with the normal Recon3D cards. Not sure about the X-Fi Titaniums.

4. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012

5. uVSthem

uVSthem Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 980 SLI
    -Supports Full Blu-ray Profile 2.0 Audio Decoder

So I can play back Bluray losses audio streams without it being down sampled to 16bit/48Hz using this card?

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The specs are just so limited for 24 bit audio. Shame.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    It's also proprietary....and limited to certain ASRock motherboards.

So, any Recon3D reviews yet? Might give a reasonable idea as to what ASRock x79 users have to look forward to with this proprietary card.

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I am talking about the chip itself which has the ADC and DAC built in...so the specifications will not change from product to product that use this chipset.

Which to me is a shame.

The specifications aren't even up to the stadards of an entry level Xonar card.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  9. DirkHardpeck

DirkHardpeck Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    There's a Japanese review and I've seen one other only semi-pro review, putting them as pretty much mediocre...I agree for the most part and would sum it up as having inferior hardware with superior software/drivers as compared to X-Fi. I complain about the stupid thing but I still use it despite having an X-fi Titanium and Titanium HD sitting in the corner. :rolleyes:

I've been awaiting the ROBSCIX review here, as he has been the guy I look to for information regarding sound and one of the main reason I've lurked Guru3d for years....but nothing yet.

Besides Creative not sending out any pre-release review units, I also blame the lack of PCI-E Recon3d reviews on the fact that, well....they're a bit of an odd beast and difficult to review. I've voiced my opinion numerous times, but my professional credibility doesn't rest on an accurate and comprehensive assessment.

But bottom line, does it spank the tits off Realtek onboard? I give a resounding EFF YEAH, but haters gonna hate.

10. DirkHardpeck

DirkHardpeck Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    See, I knew that but never quite put it together to realize that, uhh...basically Creative will not be able to easily come out with a beefed up Soundcore3d card a la Titanium HD......

F*ck.

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I try to keep my opinion to myself because I have not officially tested it, if I get a chance to review it I will. However, from the specifications and other information I have received, I am not all that impressed.

I am not sure who came up with this idea of putting the DAC on chip...and such a low end DAC at that. They basically built an onboard chip and are trying to market it as a new soundcards. So, with what I have seen they can never build a flagship model form this product. The specs are limited and can never be changed because everything is built in.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  12. Meocene

Meocene Master Guru

GPU:
    GF570
    i don't think they ever intended to make a flagship model using the soundcore - that spot's still reserved for the xfi's.
    end of the day the soundcore's gonna sound better than an on-board and includes a larger feature set.
    pricing does seam a little odd to me though...

13. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    I guess all Creatives got left in them is marketing gimmicks and licensing now? how old is the X-fi tech? 8 years?

and just to remind those that arent in the know..THX is ONLY what its supposed to be when you have the full system..cabling..room treatments..etc etc. Otherwise its just 3 letters...

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    the X-fi Processor is fine for that tasks it is used for , it is actually overkill but the good thing about that is the can pair up the DSP with a higher end DAC such as in the case of the Titanium HD. IN the case of this Core3D, the power may be there for DSP but the add in of the DAC was a serious miscalculation IMO.

15. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Just about enough for 16-bit at 48kHz.

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    This looks nice for a combo solution to a nic and sound card. But honestly Creative has really dropped the ball with quality. They do all their tricks through software, that doesn't always work.

I still prefer my ASUS Xonar D2 to this very day. Much higher quality hardware, capable of so much more.