Direct control dropdown for fan isn't working

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by ddt972, Oct 11, 2008.

1. ddt972

ddt972 New Member

GPU:
    8800gt sli
    Basically, I just installed a new motherboard to add a 2nd 8800gt. SLI is working, but the cards are too hot. I solved part of the problem with ntune by turning up the fan speed. One of the cards now idles in the 50s. But I can't get the 2nd cards fan adjusted.

I can adjust the same gpu by using rivatuner, but not the way the rivatuner guide suggests. Anyhow, when I hit the "fan" tab and select "direct control" in the dropdown, the only slider that lights up is the third "3d" but it won't move at all. Why isn't this working?

I just want to be able to turn up the fan on the 2nd gpu like I can the first. If someone can give me a quick fix for this so I can play right now without overheating, I'd really appreciate it.

System is:

e6750 clocked to 3.2
    4gb mushkin redline at 1000
    750i ftw
    8800gt X 2
    coolermaster 600w
    vista 64

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Settings are applied to both cards when SLI is active. You cannot access each card independently.

Because it is not supposed to work with such hardware. Separate 2D/3D fan speed control was in use on NV3x/NV4x series only. Modern hardware use temeprature based control instead.