SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    Wasn't meant offensive, really sorry it felt that way. Just tried to give some reasons for the why. =)

2. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Yes, but this needs to be done to the game's own vertex shaders - doing it in postprocessing is too late.

Now that is possible but there are likely a lot of vertex shaders in a game and if you don't detect and modify them correctly you might break something.

3. Blue_Ninja0

Blue_Ninja0 Guest

GPU:
    DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz
    Great to know you're considering this! :D

4. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    It would be great if injector worked with Origin OSD without hassles.

5. Bobert13

Bobert13 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560 TI - 1GB
    I'm pretty confident that the SMAA team is doing this during post processing in the DX10 demo (part of the SMAA v2.8 source code). They're offseting worldViewProjection (their scene after it's rendered) by a translation matrix they create via a table of offsets and an alternating frame index (that's either 0 or 1).

6. Baltzazar84

Baltzazar84 Guest

GPU:
    msi 970 gtx sli/4gb
    Did you find an answer to this problem? Having the same problem my self

7. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    I think it is because of a bug in RadeonPro. Check LEVELS settings twice, sometimes RadeonPro imports it incorrectly.

8. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Problems with images that are much darker or much brighter is usually problems with gamma correction .. either it's not being done or it's being done when it shouldn't - This happens more with boulotaurs version because I improved the detection for this with SweetFX 1.5

To counter, you can set gamma to 0.44776 to make the image brighter or 2.23333 to make it darker.
    This is a close approximation to the real gamma correction algorithm which I use.

9. Baltzazar84

Baltzazar84 Guest

GPU:
    msi 970 gtx sli/4gb
    Thank you both for your replies:) I found the gamma settings, and changed it around some. That did the trick!

10. Drogean2

Drogean2 Member

GPU:
    na
    reddit.com/r/sweetfx/comments/2hp476/radeonpro_151_darkness_fix/

bad main.h file in your version, use the one provided

11. Suzaku

Suzaku Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan
    I've been having issues with getting sweetfx to work with the new X99 motherboards and the 5960x processor.

I just built a new rig with those parts and sweetfx refuses to start with Guild Wars 2. The logon screen will load but when you hit play, nothing will pop up and all you will see is the desktop. The screen doesn't even flash. According to friends they just see me log on and log off real quick.

All of the old fixes including the configurator and split install don’t seem to work anymore, moving the files d3d9.dll, dxgi.dll and injector to the bin folder, adding -email -password -nopatchui to command line, replacing the d3d9.dll(game will launch but sweetfx won’t apply), moving the Guild Wars 2 Directory, and renaming the injector file all have not remedied the problem. I even installed sweetfx on another machine with guild wars 2 to make sure I wasn’t doing anything wrong and it worked fine on that one so it’s not my methods. Any thoughts?

12. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    Which operating system do you use? Do you have the same issue with other games?

13. tet666

tet666 New Member

Since i just had to research for a few hours why Boulotaur2024's 64bit injector refused to work with all my 64bit games after a os reinstall while it worked perfectly bevore (and still worked fine with the x86 dlls) i thought i post the solution here since i couldn't find it anywhere on the net.
    if you get a 0xc000007b error or crash or whateverwith the 64bit dlls of Boulotaur's injector (it was wow 64bit for me) install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) and no, no other version will work it needs exactly this version. They should really mention something like this in the Readme, i only had the 2013 runtimes installed since newer games mostly don't require the older versions anymore (actually didn't even know it's not backwards compatible, stupid M$) and since there was no mention of it anywhere i had to find out with trial and error what was missing.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  14. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    And...
    It should be a readme/tutorial for your OS reinstall....
    Because many people like/need to reinstall OS should know that, they need to install driver, C++ runtime, .Net, Java, Flash Player, Silverlight, Adobe reader, Software that can open Office Files, K-lite(or any other codec), a better security software etc for best compatibility...

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  15. tet666

tet666 New Member

Ah c'mon i had 4 versions allrdy installed only the 2010s where missing...

16. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    There could be a mention of that in the readme yes, that said there is no reason not to have every version of Visual C++ redist installed, it's not even something you can skip anymore.

17. Wicked_Sick

Wicked_Sick Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480
    I have a doubt, when the next version of SweetFX be done and out for everyone to download, it will be stated on the first topic by editing, right?

Because, I keep checking it here everyday and most days there are no posts and I am not sure if I am following the newest topic about sweetFX...

18. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    I just kidding with you. ;)
    Anyways, you should just go to the Microsoft page that listed all C++ runtime, and install all the latest one(it is MFC for 2005 and 2008). :)

http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2019667

19. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
    Tribe Buffering?

Crosire, have you considered adding a force Trible Buffering feature to the Reshade Injector. This would be very good, since RadeonPro's development has been halted and D3DOverrider does not work well with Sweetfx.

20. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    I second that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.