Power Limit

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by lfcevo24, Nov 21, 2013.

1. lfcevo24

lfcevo24 Guest

GPU:
    6870 HIS and Iceq
    Hi guys I've been scouring the net and I just cant find how to unlock this slider, sick of the ATI driver crashing, many say a simple +20 can sort this, currently stuck on 960/1160 on my 6970's can be pretty stable at 1200mV but I just need that little bit more, any help would be lovely ;D

Chris

2. Pudding

Pudding Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    to quote flobelix

"The Power Limit slider is only accessible on GTX600 or above cards as it is required to modify the unique GPU boost feature. GPU boost is nvidia's auto oc feature for Kepler cards and will increase clockrate when not reaching the pre-defined TDP value under load. With the Power limit slider you can change the TDP limit in %. Anything over 100% will extend the limit and enable the gpu to boost clockrate while already at 100% TDP.

If the Power limit is not visible although you are using a GTX600 vga you chose the wrong afterburner skin in "Settings"/"User Interface" The Power Limit slider will only be visible with "Default MSI Afterburner Skin"

Make sure you are using the default skin! Hope this helps.

3. Pudding

Pudding Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
  4. lfcevo24

lfcevo24 Guest

GPU:
    6870 HIS and Iceq
    cheers mate, cards too old then ;)
    oh well GTX 770? 7990HD due, Maybe bah who knows, either of those will sort me for the next few years @ ultra settings and maybe at some point during owning them the drivers will ..just work