X1 Thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Ryu5uzaku, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Did you play FM4? FM5 looks like it is just pushing a higher resolution and polygon count the lighting is still abysmal and the colors are way over saturated.

2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I just played fm4 for some 20 hours last week for the fun of it. I've played all of them. Not saying fm5 looks awesome but it looks clearly better. Lightning is ok it is better then any racing game on last gen and the colors are fine imo :)

And fh2 does all of those better. I'm interested how they will push fm6. As per usual launch racing game does not look spectacular. fm2 and pgr3 were kind of like that on xbox 360 they looked better then xbox but not amazing.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Rumor: Halo returning to PC?

So i was browsing through on of our country's local shop leaflets (the Warehouse or Red Shed) and i noticed that there is an offical Microsoft Wireless Mouse (model 3500) which is referred to as Halo Limited Edition that has a decal of Master Chief on it.

Could this possibly be a sneaky hint from MS that Halo is making its way to PC yet again. Even for Halo 1 and 2 on pc I dont think they ever released anything like this for the PC.

Thoughts?

[​IMG]

4. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I really hope so. I have just bought an xbox one and halo master chief collection just to play that game.

Just think of how the graphics and resolution would look if it came out on the pc

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Whats it like. The games that is? If theres one thing thatll make be buy an Xb1 its this collection.

6. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    It is very good. Halo 1 and 2 have had a makeover that looks fantastic. Halo 3 not so good. They didn't even improve the anti-aliasing and filtering and they could have. But they all run at 1080 p and 60 frames per second, all have online and local multiplayer. The only thing that is disappointing is that only halo 2 maps have been retextured and only 6 at that. I hope they bring out more as downloadable content because once you've played the retextured maps it makes the un textured maps look quite bad.

The game that has had more work done on it is halo 2. The cutscenes are a standing and the game is very impressive looking now.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Gonna get it at later date. Halo 4 was pretty nice looking on 360 so they didn't work much on that. At least all of them do run 1080p 60fps with the exception of halo 2 it had something funky going on.

Seems like a good remix collection really.

8. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    What do you mean halo 2 had something funky going on?

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thanks HonoredShadow. I think Ryu5uzaku is right about halo 2, im pretty sure the resolution is not quite 1080p native. Though, you're the one with the game, so..

I also read that H3 has not had as much effort put into it as H2, h2 seemingly being the priority of all of them for some reason. They better not go and release an HD-HD Remake of H3 and 4 later on, that'd be taking the piss. Though i just cant understand why they didnt do more for texturing in H2 and more overall for H3. Im guessing they didnt have enough juice in the X1 to do more to H3.

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Halo 2: Anniversary's campaign does not output at a native 1080p resolution, Microsoft has confirmed.

Halo 2: Anniversary, part of upcoming Xbox One exclusive Halo: The Master Chief Collection, lets players switch between running the original Xbox graphics engine and the new Xbox One Anniversary graphics engine at the touch of a button - and as a result it outputs at a 1328x1080 resolution and 60 frames per second.

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^^Thats the one. Im pretty sure in some other article i read, they could of native 1080p if they had dropped the pointless gfx switch. A cool feature, but unnecessary. Does that gfx switch work in mp, if os cant that lead to the advantage when using the older gfx due to less needing to be rendered and thus a high stable fps and less visual clutter (fogs/lightshafts/flora etc)?

12. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I think they would have enough juice to do more to halo 3 and 4. But It would cost them too much time I think :)

13. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Best game for XB1 this year....a collection of remastered games from years ago. SMH. I have mine at the girlfriends now. The PS4 stays at my place. It's the only way to prevent myself from selling it as I know once Quantum Break and Halo 5 come around I'll want one again lol. 2015 seems to be the true year for next-gen. This was a drought of a year with remakes and last-gen ports. Kind of felt like I was still a pc exclusive gamer :p

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Isn't QB just an ordinary tps?

15. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    The Halo collection may just be a bunch of remakes but I really like how all the campaigns are tied together and there are playlists that span across all games. And the MP playlists are great too. Halo 3 was always my favorite so I'm glad I can play that one again.

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I'm not saying anything negative about the games. I'm sure it's a nice collection. I'm speaking in terms of the limited amount of games to be had on either next-gen system a year into their releases.

Now that I know Assassins Creed Unity plays terrible regardless to console or PC, I'll probably pick Halo up myself. Never played 3 or 4 so it will be a new experience for me. I just hate that a remake is the spotlight of the Holiday season for a pretty new and powerful system.

17. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    thats why wii u!!! I got my bayonetta 2 and hyrule and soon smash bros. But gotta say I have been enjoying immensely driving forza 5 and occasional dead rising 3. Need more gaymes.

18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I haven't enjoyed a racing game in years. Ever since drifting became the thing. I liked the simplicity of pushing right on the dpad or analog controller and the car just turning lol.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Last Racing game i got into was WipeoutHD on ps3 and before that, the Underground series and before that, Grand Turismo 2 on playstation 1. Currently playing Project Gotham Racing 2 on my original xbox and somehow it is remarkably engaing and i just cant put it down despite the fact that all im really doing is going around in circles.

Also, original xbox controller (v2) is soooooo much better than than anythin ive used to this day. Really dont know why they changed the design so much. Should've made it wireless, slapped on a xbox button in the middle and called it a day. Really is the best controller ive ever used. Those Trigger are just so precise.

20. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    That's ironic. Wipeout Hd on ps3 is the last racer I enjoyed too. Always have been a big fan of the series, still play wip3out 3 on psone. :)

I agree, Xbox s-controller was fantastic. Never a fan of Sonys controllers, and I hate they don't move much away from the psone design all these years later. Nintendo is the only company to have a completely new controller with every system, I have to respect the risk in that.