ASUS GTX 580 Matrix Platinum

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by j2k, Dec 25, 2011.

1. j2k

j2k Guest

GPU:
    GTX TITAN
    I've used AB with my previous graphics card, but with my new ASUS GTX 580 Matrix Platinum the fan speed control is greyed out and the Fan tab is missing. I thought the card used the same DCII dual fan design used by the 570/580 DCII, aren't they supported all together?

I know that I can mess with the voltage, but is the VRM actually supported?

GPU Tweak is a horrible tool, especially since it overrides essential key combinations (European layout) (can't be turned off). It also lacks most features I've grown accustomed to, like the Logitech keyboard applet.

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Im afraid you have to use Asus tool, VRM voltage tuning for the Platinum is not supported in MSI AB AFAIK. Fan speed should work but idk. What version AB are you using?

3. j2k

j2k Guest

GPU:
    GTX TITAN
    I tried version 2.2.0 Beta 9. I can tweak the voltage in AB, just like in GPU Tweak, but I'm not sure if AB does it right (since AB understandably focuses on MSI cards). But the main problem is still that it won't let me change the fan settings at all.

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    My guess is that even though it allows voltage tweaking, it doesnt apply it correctly because its not in the supported VRM list

5. Dancuka

Dancuka Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580 Matrix
    BUMP on this.

I'm having same kind of problems also with the same card. I can oc fine in AB but nothing except monitoring seems to work with ASUS GPUtweak. If I change anything with it my driver crashes. (using 301.42) As I said, I can get good OC result in AB but cannot adjust FAN either. Downside is that the temps go near 85 after a while gaming. Would it be possible to get support for FAN setting in AB? I tried different versions on GPUtweak but none of them seem to work. The software just doesn't work at all.