AMD Fury X Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Fox2232, Jun 25, 2015.

1. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Yeah it happened to me too. I thought:

1. faulty HDMI cable.
    2. Faulty HDMI connector on the card.

Fix was simple, noticed the artifact happened when browsing, so i thought it had something to do with hardware acceleration. So i disable that, never happened again.

PS: Using chrome.

2. Szaby59

Szaby59 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega56
  3. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    He He -> Looks Awesome :banana:

I will wait a while and see the rev.2 of the Fury-X.
    As for Now no GPU is able to Give Us full DX12 support, I need GPU for 3-4 years so i will wait... No hurry cuz everything Runing Great.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    It did happen to me 4 times in total. Always solved by disconnecting and reconnecting DP cable.

But it did not happen to me for very long time. When it happened, it repeated 3 times in one day, then once some weeks after.
    It may be caused by similar thing which was source of Tahiti desktop flicker.
    Maybe certain power state (voltage to clock ratio is not entirely safe).
    But since it is not often thing and voltage/clock on Fiji jumps up/down practically all the time, it may be something in driver rechecking monitor data, and change is, that one in billion reads fails, and causes this.

- And as I was resolving each case by re-plugging DP cable, maybe it has now good enough contact. (btw, I have it now in connector furthest from PCIe/HDMI plug)

6. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Thanks Fox, please post your findings on AMD. Link above. The fact that you could fix your issues by disconnecting and reconnecting cable means it's not a voltage display corruption.

7. udam_u

udam_u Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury X
    Thx! :) Revision with improved pump noise characteristic is amazing. It is fast, quiet and cold.

I heard that any of the currently relased GPU's doesn't fully support DX12 (Nvidia very slow context switching in async compute and AMD lack of some effects) but there is also lack of DX12 games so we can't be sure which feature will be used by developers. It is also unknown when AMD and NVIDIA relase 16nm GPU's. Some sources states second half of 2016 but there are so many factors (for example TSMC process yield) that everything could happen.

I bought Fury X because it is a breath of fresh air in a market (HBM), high quality build, fast, quiet and finally I want to support my favourite semiconductor company. :)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  8. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Hello chaps ,
    Is there anyone here that could please tell me if Fury x crossfire is a pleasant gaming experience and do you use freesync with crossfire enabled,
    I have the chance to upgrade next month and considering i have a freesync monitor BenQ 2560x1440p , i was thinking possibly Fury x or maybe non x crossfire or i could just buy one fury x and upgrade my motherboard and ram to a skylake I7 platform .
    Cheers for any help folks , it's driving me mad looking at all the different combinations of hardware :) .

9. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    @Rich_Guy is on a xfire Fury (non X) build. He should be able to help you :)

10. udam_u

udam_u Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury X
    I read that Fiji supports HEVC H.265 hardware decoding. Do you know any software supporting mentioned feature (I think about media player like vlc or codec adding support for Windows Media Player)? :)

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yep i will Have it 98% in about 3-4 months period.
    I go for Best -> XFX Fury-X for Me.
    I will Play in 2048:1536 85Hz or 1920:1440 86Hz with All options ON :banana:
    And finally YES it's a New GPU with New Arch. and i has Brand and shiny HBM !
    also there will be New CAT soon Named CATALYST 16 build on OMEGA + no more overhead = +30-45% More FPS in All moders Games (45% will be for Fury line ;-) they still need to learn it's Potential -> which is BIG as Hell )

12. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Where did you get your information about CAT 16.xx build?

13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I have no clue where he gets all his weird info tbh. I am always frikkin confused.

14. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    +1:eek3::paranoid:

15. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I really hope that the CAT 16.xxx build is awesome.

16. Nurmi

Nurmi Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Tri-X
    Oh, cool. Just in time with my new shiny Fury Tri-X. ^^

If that is true, I bet that the release is near Battlefront as Ashes of Singularity is too close. That could also be "just" DirectX 11.3 as DirectX 12 is then officially out in released title, but we'll see.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  17. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    I don't wanna be a negative nancy, at all, but why do you think XFX is the best (or best for Fury X)?
    Without making bold claims, this is entirely contrary to what is often passed around.

18. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yeah, i have to read it 4 or 5 times to figure out what hes saying. English isnt his first language obviously.

on a good note however, hes usually correct.

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yeah sry for my English, and yes it's not my native language :wanker: (i have so much new informations ever week :) )

And yes i have my own sources, but it will be Ready (CAT 16.x) in Winter Time.
    I think i will be around Big Games Launch (november/December i think)

And AMD shut's down (a little bit) developing/support for Old Gen's Radeon GPU's.
    So No CAT 16.x for non GCN GPU's (but that one take with grain of salt)

PS. Not always all promises are fullfiled ;-) but AMD->ATI ( Division from Canada?) working Hard with Optimisation's for GCN (especially for Fury) and not only for DX12 but also for DX11.x -> Games with DX11.x are developed all the time, so it's also important for Red Team !

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  20. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC