OpenCL does not turn on

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rio_cane, Mar 5, 2014.

1. rio_cane

rio_cane Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7450m 1GB
    I've got HP 250G laptop with Radeon 7450m dedicated card and HD Graphics 4000 integrated one. The specs both cards are support OpenCL, but OpenCL software are crashing on my system: caps viewer and vegas pro 12 does not start, gpu-z outputs "intel opencl driver bug". Drivers seems to be ok, dual graphics works fine. I've downloaded catalyst mobility 12.8 from hp portal. HD Graphics 4000 was included into this package, AMD OpenCL driver too.

2. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

http://puu.sh/7kw4j.zip

Uninstall AMD and Intel's driver (as completely as you can, should probably use DDU for the AMD driver also), run that batch file, then reinstall drivers.

The above "should work". Last I checked, going from a higher driver down to a lower driver version (at least with AMD) would break OpenCL (other scenarios could do that too). The fix involves removing those specific files above and reinstalling the driver.

3. rio_cane

rio_cane Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7450m 1GB
    Espionage724,

Thanks for the reply.
    DDU outputs "DDU is not yet compatible with enduro system, ddu will now exit", although i did not install enduro drivers.
    I've tried to remove only AMD OpenCL driver, then had run batch. Gpu-z started without messages but OpenCL checkboxes wasn't enabled neither Intel card nor AMD. Installed AMD OpenCL x64 again and got the same story as a beginning.

4. DavidFerreira

DavidFerreira Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7450m 1GB
    Can anyone help me? I have windows 10\8 and I cannot install my 7450m graphic cards, it always shows 7400m series, and don't work :S

I already install the last drivers and still the same probleme.

My laptop is HP Pavillion G6 with i3(2gen) 6gb Ram and 750gb os disk with ATI 7450m.

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    What does "not work" mean? If it shows the series you say, it sounds like the driver is getting installed.