No driver detected in RivaTuner 2.11?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by VectorRoll, Nov 6, 2008.

1. VectorRoll

VectorRoll Active Member

GPU:
    2 @ EVGA/8800GTS/640MB
    Basically; it is not detecting my driver for my second card. I run them in SLi. When I select the second card in the Target adapter; the Driver settings say this. "No supported drivers detected for this display adapter; etc. etc.."
    Although; under that it shows that I have Version 178.24; which is what I am using right now.
    When I select the main card. It does say "ForceWare Detected".

So is one card using the driver and the other card using a generic Windows driver? Or is this just some sort of error or bug with RivaTuner?
    I would hate to have one card using the up to date driver and the other one not.

Also when I select the cards; I notice that one of them has this behind it in the list. (/Generic PnP Monitor) I am thinking that is just showing which card has a monitor attached to it.
    Am I right on that part?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

RTFM, must be so, will be so.

3. VectorRoll

VectorRoll Active Member

GPU:
    2 @ EVGA/8800GTS/640MB
    I read the FAQ page the read-me file and even did a lot of searches for it. I could not find anything on it.
    But I will look again starting from scratch; just for you. If I still do not find anything then I will post back. Give me a day or two. It is a lot of stuff to read all over again.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

No need to do it for me, do it for yourself.

5. VectorRoll

VectorRoll Active Member

GPU:
    2 @ EVGA/8800GTS/640MB
    True that. LOL I am reading through it right now. Of coarse my head is spinning. :roll: I think that I am going to need to break out a few Red Bulls. This is going to be an all night'er. :smoke:

6. VectorRoll

VectorRoll Active Member

GPU:
    2 @ EVGA/8800GTS/640MB
    I think that I may have pieced it together from a few things.
    I will try to explain what I have found out in Laymen Terms; since everything that I have read is a bit technical. If I am wrong; you can just say "Nope" or "Keep looking".

First; I already new that SLi is not fully supported yet. Most of what you have is done through the primary display adapter. So with that in mind.

When enabling SLi; it combines and uses the drivers through the primary display adapter. Thus I would only see it detected through that primary GPU that is selected; when SLi is enabled; because they are acting as one card.

Yet when SLi is disabled; it should and does show the individual ForceWare being detected on both cards. Also when SLi is disabled; it shows both primary and secondary adapter heads for both of the cards; within the list in Target Adapter section.

That is the simplest way that I can explain what I have read so far.
    So am I on the right track? :)