SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khan213

Khan213 Guest

GPU:
    HD 7990
    Hi,

I have win 8.1 64 and 14.1 injector with radeon pro is working fine with me in dx11 games. I am using in bioshock infinite, assassins creed black flag and resident evil revelation, its fine till now.

2. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Hope you are talking about BF4 single player or server without punkbuster, as SweetFX is ban from punkbuster.

Anyways, it look like it is switching between d3d10 and d3d11, it may be game issues, or you may using Mantle.

Good to hear about this. :)

3. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    is film grain working correctly on win 8.1?

I couldnt get it to work fully. It would only show a little.

but then I tested it in win 7 and it was too much.

4. LukaTCE

LukaTCE Guest

GPU:
    280x 3GB
    I tested on shooting range or how is called. I thought PB don't ban. How I am suppose to play this dark game ? BF3 was at least playable. I have set to d3d11
    I set brightness to 100% and it's still dark. When I set it Is brighter bit when I go back to game is still dark. In config is also 1.000

5. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    It might be because of DX11.1?

Try disable it via config and see did it helps, and you can try disable/enable SweetFX while the game is running to see did there is any difference or not, so you will know it is because SweetFX config, or game issues.

6. brad86

brad86 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 4GB OC
    Any way of porting or getting Retroarch shaders to work with SweetFX?

I'm not a fan of RA myself as I prefer all my stuff separate, but the CRT-Royale shader is incredibly good. I love the one in SweetFX, but it doesn't hold a candle to the RA alternative. Just a shame it isn't a separate thing.

Be great to get it working :)

7. Boulotaur2024

Boulotaur2024 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD7950
    No it's far far far too complex to be ported to SweetFX. I like the effect too yea.

EDIT : brad86 ? Aren't you the guy that made a custom background to masterchan777 nulldc ? Great job I like it I made a few screens with his build :)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  8. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Sure, they do work together, but sharpening at any stage after AA can leave tons of ringing and emphasized edges that shouldn't be that create more aliasing. Which is why sharpening needs to be adjusted with a fine tooth comb.

Look at the Lanczos filter in GeDoSaTo, it's closer to Lanczos 2 than 3, which is way too sharp, emphasizes edges and creates more aliasing in a lot of cases

9. Wicked_Sick

Wicked_Sick Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480
    Does CJay still read this? if he does, I hope he read my post, or someone with the skills.

I would love to see sweetfx bring the fisheye effect to the games. Not by raising fov, but the curvature.

10. Understandable

Understandable Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SC 900/1800/2200
    Using the sweetfx from the links above there is no/low gamma in my games and it looks horrible. Turning the gamma up doesent make it any better.

11. Matsilagi

Matsilagi Member

GPU:
    MSI GT630 2GB
    Is it possible with our current shaders to give some sort of old VHS/80's Sci-Fi color correction to games?

I wanna take some retro-like screenshots but i dont know if its possible.
    If yes, does anyone know for what values i should look like?

12. brad86

brad86 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 4GB OC
    Not to worry. Hopefully we get something more like it from SweetFX in the future.

And yep, that would be me :)

13. aphocus

aphocus Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD7850 2GB 920MHz
    Stupid Question, is there anyway to change where this hooks?

Currentling OBS is hooking before the steam overlay, while Sweetfx is being applied last. preferably I would want OBS to record sweetfx, while also having sweetfx not applied to the steam overlay.

Radeon Pro applies its OSD before Steam Overlay, but applies SMAA and Sweetfx afterwards.

14. McSwingles

McSwingles Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 980M
    Hey guys, I was wondering if a few PCSX2 effects can be merged into sweetFX?:

Code:
    //##[FXAA OPTIONS]##
    #define FxaaSubpixMax 1.00                  //[0.00 to 1.00] Amount of subpixel aliasing removal. Higher values: more subpixel antialiasing(softer). Lower values: less (sharper). 0.00: Edge only(no blurring)
    #define FxaaQuality 4                       //[1|2|3|4] Overall Fxaa quality preset (pixel coverage). 1: Low, 2: Medium, 3: High, 4: Ultra.
    #define FxaaEarlyExit 0                     //[0 or 1] Use Fxaa early exit pathing. When disabled, the entire scene is antialiased(FSAA). 0 is off, 1 is on.

//##[GAUSSIAN OPTIONS]##
    #define FilterAmount 1.00                   //[0.10 to 1.50] Gaussian filtering strength. Controls the overall strength of the filtering.
    #define GaussianSpread 0.75                 //[0.50 to 4.00] The filtering spread & offset levels. Controls the sampling spread of the filtering.

//##[SCANLINE OPTIONS]##
    #define ScanlineType 0                      //[0|1|2|3] The type & orientation of the scanlines. 0 is x(horizontal), 1 is y(vertical), 2 is both(xy), ScanlineType 3 is a different algorithm, to work around PCSX2's IR scaling.
    #define ScanlineScale 0.50                  //[0.20 to 2.00] The scaling & thickness of the scanlines. Changing this can help with PCSX2 IR scaling problems. Defaults: 0.50 for ScanlineType 0|1|2, 1.20 for 3.(Type 0 & native res is recommended)
    #define ScanlineIntensity 0.18              //[0.10 to 1.00] The intensity of the scanlines. Defaults: 0.18 for ScanlineType 0|1|2, 0.50 for ScanlineType 3.
    #define ScanlineBrightness 2.00             //[0.50 to 2.00] The brightness of the scanlines.  Defaults: 2.00 for ScanlineType 0|1|2, 1.50 for ScanlineType 3.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/no191ia6o0befac/GSdx_FX.zip

Proper way scanlines should look in 1080p rez (view the pic fullscreen to see correctly):
    http://postimg.org/image/n0zbztmp1/

Thanks in advance.

15. bejart

bejart Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770 Lightning 2gb
    Hey guys first time poster, i'm using SweetFX for the first time and i found problems when playing World of Tanks. the tank targeting outline disappears when i use it. tried disabling various shaders and anti aliasing but to no avail. admittedly im no expert so this might be user error or something so any advice would be appreciated. (tried to link an example picture, but it seems i need some post before im able too)

16. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    It may be because SweetFX injector don't support DX9E, so this happen.
    You may wanna try using RadeonPro or other injector to see did they support DX9E or not.

17. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Misinformation regarding PB. I've been using SweetFX for BF3 and BF4 since SweetFX was first out, I love the games but the in game AA and colour filters are ****ty so I would never play without. It has never been a ban or even a kick from PB. I've used various versions as well including boulotaur's, eFX, RadeonPro etc. For what its worth I use SweetFX in plenty of online games with cheat protection such as Planetside 2 and I have never ever been red flagged, kicked or banned. Win 7 / Win 8 / Win 8.1

18. bejart

bejart Guest

GPU:
    Thanks for the reply, could you recommend other injectors? since im using an Nvidia card?

19. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Try RadeonPro, it works with Nvidia cards too.

20. bejart

bejart Guest

GPU:
    Ugh tried radeonpro, it has problems of its own. doesnt work without priveledges and when i enable it radeonpro says it shouldnt be set that way. how backwards is that?. and requires sweetFX 1.4.
    and on top of that it has conflicts with other OSD i had Afterburner/Rivatuner. it wouldnt work even if radeonpros own OSD is disabled
    the settings are different and i like the default settings on sweetFX 1.5.1.
    ultimately its too much trouble. i really appreciate the help guys but i hope sweetFX will have support for games that run on DX9E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.