Windows 10 Cortana Search Working Real Fix

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by robintson, Jul 3, 2017.

1. robintson

robintson Guest

GPU:
    Asus_Strix2080Ti_OC
    Windows 10 Cortana Search Not Working Real Fix

This is the Cortana Not Working Search Fix and Cortana Right Click Fix. After searching on Google for a solution and I could not find it, I have decided to try and solve the Cortana Problem Myself and here it is the solution that works 100 % for everyone:

1) Open CMD and write the command : sfc /scannow , Wait for the process to finish and then Restart the PC.

2) U need to make sure to check That The Windows Shows the Hidden Folders, Files And Drives In Folder View Options, Need to Open This PC, Open Folder "View", Go to Advanced settings amd Choose The Option: Show Hidden Folders, Files And Drives Which Is Under Hidden Folder And File Options.

3) Install Freeware Programs (This is for Deleting The Cortana Folder, which doesn't delete, because of Cortana Files in Use by Windows OS): LockHunter : https://lockhunter.com/ , or Unlocker for Windows : http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/unlocker.html and then Open one of those Programs and Delete the Cortana Folder which is found on: Users\YourUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy Folder and Delete It Completely With LockHunter, or with Unlocker, with Delete on next startup Option. Then U restart Your Windows 10 OS and on the next restart Cortana will rebuild the needed files itself and it will work 100 %.

To check if the Right Click on Cortana is working just type : CMD in Cortana Search on Your Desktop and when It Finds and Shows up CMD , try to open it , or try the right click and if gives the options like: Run As Administrator; Open File Location; Pin to Start and Pin to taskbar, Then Cortana Search will work properly.

Hope that this will help to many people here.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    You did not describe the original problem you were solving.

3. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    This literally reads like a click-bait article.

4. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    Search working real fix? The understand is real.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    search works fine of me, then again i also disabled it from searching the web, it can only search computer files

6. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    I don't think it can find files that aren't indexed. I know I can go into Windows folder and literally look at a file and type it in search and it can't find it. I usually use 'Everything' which is super fast and will literally find every file on your hard drive.

7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I mumfumbled the intretepration to conflagrate an obstication of meaning.
    Masticate that!

8. robintson

robintson Guest

GPU:
    Asus_Strix2080Ti_OC
    Windows 10 Cortana Search Not Working Real Fix. Fixed. Thank you.
    By the way your thread for Windows timer resolution tool is great :)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Thank you. It is cool if you found this tool useful. I only used it for one particular game.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    works fine , for how it should searching in the Startmenu only really search startmenu entries not the whole HDD, atlest it never did for me. then again one first things i disable is indexing on all drives, also have "allow cortana" disable in gpedit along with most of it search functions

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017

11. robintson

robintson Guest

GPU:
    Asus_Strix2080Ti_OC
    I have installed your STR tool on all of mine Windows 10 PCs and Laptops and on many other people's PC's and Laptops too. Thanks.