Quadro + GTX in one workstation

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mitchdb12, Jun 27, 2017.

1. mitchdb12

mitchdb12 Guest

GPU:
    Quadro P2000
    Hi all,

After a day of trawling through the net and testing things I'm posting to see if I can find some up to date and accurate info on running a Quadro GPU for displays with multiple GTX GPUs for rendering.

I'm a CGI and 3D artist and this is my main workstation for freelancing. I do a range of work from 3D animation/visualisation to compositing and editing.

I was previously running 4 GTX GPUs but have just upgraded to a 4K 32" 10 Bit panel so I want to use the Quadro to get the full bit depth in applications like PS, AE, Premiere etc when editing my work, While still retaining 3 of the GTX GPUs for rendering in 3DS Max/Vray/Fstorm etc

The main issue seems to be drivers. I started by removing all GPUs and installing the P2000, doing a clean install of the Quadro driver, and then installing the GTX cards one at a time. However when I do this the Nvidia driver seems to automatically update itself to a GTX one and I can only get video output from the last GTX card I installed. The Nvidia control panel shows the P2000 but I can't get video output from it.

Is there a way to make this work? I imagine Nvidia has made this difficult and/or impossible as not to cannibalise sales of the Quadro/Tesla lines but I've seen people running both... how successfully though I don't know?

Alternatively if the above doesn't work, would I be able to put the P2000 in a eGPU box connected via TB3 and plug the screen into that when I want to do editing/compositing work?

System Specs:
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI
    PSU: Corsair HX1000i
    CPU: Intel i7 6850K
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i
    Ram: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz DDR4
    OS SSD: 250GB Samsung EVO 960 M.2
    Display GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000
    Rendering GPUs: Asus GTX 1070 Turbo x1, Asus GTX 1080 Turbo x2

[​IMG]

2. azezel1980

azezel1980 Member