Overclocking i5 2500k, P67A-UD3-B3

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by niconomad, Dec 14, 2011.

1. niconomad

niconomad Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 280X
    Hey guys! I just bought a new CPU Cooler, the Thermalright True Spirit so I wanted to hit 4.3-4.5GHz on the CPU.
    I thought of leaving energy saving options enabled and I only tweaked the turbo settings to 44 so that turbo still works and only applies when needed.
    The voltage is on stock. CPUID Hardware Monitor shows 0.96 V minimum and a maximum of 1.33 V. Is that allright? What do you guys think about overclocking this way? Should I stick with tweaking the multiplier and leaving all energy saving option disabled?
    I run Prime95 only for an hour so far and hasn't crashed or anything. The highest temp on full load is 73° C. The maximum temps are 67 73 70 68.

2. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

It's fine to o/c this way; however, you may be able to get better temps by manually tweaking the volts. For me I have all power savings, EIST, and turbo disabled and run a 24/7 4ghz at 1.2 volts. Many different ways to o/c but yours is certainly fine if you're happy with the temps and volts leave it.