5.1 surround sound

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Cryengine, May 6, 2014.

1. Cryengine

Cryengine Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti oc
    Hi guys,

I am looking for a good quality kit or system for my PC, i am thinking about Logitech x-530, what do you think ?
    Any suggestion is welcome !
    Thanks in advance

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    I haven't used that model, but I have used a couple of Logitech's other 5.1 setups. (The THX Z-5300e and the smaller Z506) The 5300 was a great system, plenty of power & good quality range for movies, music & games. I hardly ever had the control hub volume above 4/10 for room filling sound.
    The 506 isn't as powerful or quite as clear in the sound, but it gets the job done for as cheap as the system costs. The bass took some tweaking to get the punch without sounding like it was coming from a cardboard box.
    Just my two cents in there.

3. theimported1

theimported1 Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti SLI on EK Blocks
    That is not what I would consider a good quality kit.
    I would consider that entry level.

If you want a decent 5.1 setup get an AVR, and some decent speakers and a sub.
    Polk has some nice smaller speakers, that are decent for a computer oriented 5.1 system.

I have had several 5.1 systems for my pc, and right now I prefer a set of headphones and a 2.1 setup.
    I have the main 5.1 setup in the theater room.

4. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    However, some brands like Microlab, Klipsch and Edifier make some good PC systems :)

regards,
    RagDoll.

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    There are many high grade PC systems out there but the high end ones usually resemble a HT system anyway. I would say that if you want great sound, find a receiver -with multi channel analog input a good 5.1 speaker system.

6. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    I had a logitech 5.1 setup before I got my receiver and speaker setup. Listen to everyone here saying to get a receiver... they tend to last forever and you will just continue adding things to hook up to it. Consoles, PC, AUX,TV, etc.

It will run you more money no doubt, though.

7. Cryengine

Cryengine Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti oc
    Thanks guys for your quick replies, I am a hardcore gamer and i want a good and powerful sound kit with plenty of features (controls, remote control...) to use it with my pc only for games, my budget is limited to 110 €, please suggest me some brands or names.

Regards
    Wahid

8. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Something like this would be quite good :)

http://www.mwave.com.au/product/microlab-fc730-51-fine-cone-audio-speaker-aa73661

regards,
    RagDoll.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  10. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I honestly wouldn't buy a 5.1 system for that budget, sure you'll get the surround features but it's going to sound pretty poor. You'd be better off going for a 2.0 or 2.1 system, perhaps something you could enlarge upon in future.

11. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    If your gonna get the Logitech setup, dont get the X-530. I had them. The X-540 is much better. I have the 540 now. The external volume controls, bass, headphones etc, is alone worth it. I paid $75 usd in 2010 for the x540 new.

12. Cryengine

Cryengine Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti oc
    Thanks my friends, really i appreciate your replies and your advices very much.
    Special thanks to Agonist, I would go with x540, a final question please : is it certified THX ?

Thanks and excuse me for my english i know it is not perfect but i do my best.