X1 Thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Ryu5uzaku, Sep 15, 2014.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah Nintendo are the only ones to do something new with every consoles release. Yet somehow Nintendo just aren't innovating enough says the majority of gamers. So annoying the crap that Nintendo gets.

Wipeout is great. Its probably the only racer that i've felt rewared you enough with practice. Could careless about unlocks etc, just as long as i know that i can keep at to get that perfect race by learning the best way to tackle corner after corner and having the right ship for the right race.

You could say that about any other racer sure, but imo, most racers feel like your attempt to learn is of set by cheap artificial difficulty and things like you're not allowed to bump into other cars else points deducted, but yet they can smash into you and you loose points or somehow just end up being frizzbied off the track. Any attempts to learn tracks feel rubbish as its like the speed and skill to take a corner changes every time you go around the track. There is no middle ground anymore, it feels more like luck when your playing COD single player on Hardcore. Skill is irrelevant as its down to what mood the game is in.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I like forza on simulation everything. And on rather hard drivatar setting. It gives a challenge and the "ai" does not bump into me like crazy, I can just take support from their sides in races cause it is fine. There won't be clean laps as long as there is draft or anything anyways.

Racing can be done as racing in that game. I cannot run into the others cause my car will break down nor can they run into me for the same reason.

I love the rivals mode with timed laps it is just awesome to try and get better and faster every lap learning from my mistakes and how to go faster. Last weekend we played 2 hours of Spa alone :D And yeah no points in forza you just need to finish 1-3 to get most of out of the race. So I aim for being number 1. And it feels consistent tbh the ai is unpredictable cause it is modeled after real players.

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I remember making the arguement that the Wii was the only true "next-gen" system years ago only to be flamed and called names. "Next-gen" should be more about just upgraded graphics and Nintendo has innovated way more than Sony and Microsoft lately. The Kinect and Move would have never existed without the Wii.

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    They made a great console with rather bad branding and marketing. Many still think Wii U is some sort of addon for Wii. The machine is awesome tbh.

5. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Wipeout on Vita is really fun, some framerate issues but it's still a great game if you haven't tried it. That and uncharted on that system are ridiculously good. Such a shame vita started so damn promising and now is nothing more than a remote connection to play my ps4.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    First time in a year they outsold ps4 in the usa. I am amazed at the sales of both ps4 and x1 really. I would have given them maybe 6 million to 10 million tops for a year.

8. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    http://youtu.be/ICAfblp0I2A

not sure if this came out before the kinect or wii

9. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Grabbed the Storm Island DLC for FH2 yesterday. Fantastic game still and now even better. Very glad I didn't waste my time on the crew.
    I'm quite excited about my 1992 Galant VR4. :nerd:

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Eyetoy came out in around 2004/5.

It was very limited in it's use, it's a different implementation to the wii but similar to the playstation camera (camera is the 3rd generation of the eyetoy pretty much) and kinect, no real depth perception though, just object tracking.

11. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    If they didn't outsell sony in November something would be very wrong, they cut the price by $150 and gave away a blockbuster game with every system.

12. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    They didn't cut by $150. They cut $50 for each sku. Kinect Sku is $100 less, then take $50 off that. Same with Kinect Sku, $50 bucks less. Sku Kinect $450. Sku no Kinect $350.

13. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Well, all these amazing Christmas deals for X1 are making me almost regret getting in on release day more than a year ago. It was a rough first 6 months, for sure, but seeing as Forza is my favorite franchise I did definitely get my $600 worth in my mind.

I don't think it has outshone the 360's great life and library, but the constant console updates and improvements are big steps in the right direction. I think once we get some games that take better advantage of the hardware the X1 will start to catch up with the 360's legacy.

I'm especially looking forward to the new Gears of War game on X1. All in all, the X1 was a hard sell when it first came out except to dedicated Xbox people, but it gets better every day. :)

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070