Custom driver on toshiba satellite laptop

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by crimescene, Apr 17, 2014.

1. crimescene

crimescene Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 M265
    Hi, i'm new in the forum and i've a question.

I know that AMD catalyst driver don't work on my c850d-13f toshiba laptop, there's a way to install a uptaded display driver?

Thanks for support

2. AcidSnow

AcidSnow Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    I've never actually had an AMD laptop, but go here to see if you can find your drivers.

3. crimescene

crimescene Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 M265
    unfortunatelly the official catalyst driver don't work on toshiba laptop.

4. godknowswhy

godknowswhy Guest

GPU:
    All sorts
    Toshiba laptops are a pain due to being hardware locked. There is no one way to upgrade a Toshiba Satellite due to there being about a million different models. In your case I would try to use LeeKM,s modded drivers found in the ATI/AMD drivers thread...... maybe even have a look a permantly disabling the onboard video thru the cpu and manual/force install a driver on the card.... given your model of satellite I would have thought you would be able to have a Toshiba AMD Diver version 13.151 witch should keep you out of trouble.........
    I,m sort of thinking that if you can disable the cpu video and be left with the card. Then you could try to update the card using this driver found on the top link on this pagehttp://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDCatalyst_13.352_APUDriver.aspx by using the "Have Disk" method in the device manager. Hope this is some kind of help.