GTX 470 Overclocking the "Memory clock" question

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by RoyalFlush, Dec 8, 2011.

1. RoyalFlush

RoyalFlush Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 470
    Hello,

I followed this guide http://www.guru3d.com/article/overclocking-geforce-gtx-470-with-extra-gpu-voltage/2 in how to overclock your GTX470 but it doesn't show me how to increase increments on the Memory Clock. I overclocked the voltage and core/shader clock but left the memory clock on default. I don't wanna push overclocking further since I'm not sure in what to do with memory clock.

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  2. HamsterCrispy

HamsterCrispy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti SSC
    1674 mhz? so that would be around 6696 Mhz effective since its DDR5. Aint that a bit too high?

Anyway overclocking the memory clock is not so important. The memory bandwith will increase but the important thing to overclock is the Core clock. It would also not be advisable unless if you have heatsinks installed on your VRAM. :)

3. RoyalFlush

RoyalFlush Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 470
    1674 mhz (3348 mhz) is the default manufacturer stock settings.. I'm not too sure what your talking about?? I haven't touched the memory clock setting since that's what I'm asking help for.

4. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    You double the amount you see in MSI AB to know your real frequency not quadrouple it.

5. HamsterCrispy

HamsterCrispy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti SSC
    Oh okay so its different from EVGA Precision, thought it was the same since in Precision you need to quadruple it. My bad

so 1674 = 3348 mhz effective only? I agree it is quite low.

@OP: Have you tried dragging the slider under Memory Clock? I'm pretty sure thats the only way to change the frequency.