Warcraft: The Beginning – Official Movie Trailer

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by WhiteLightning, Nov 6, 2015.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I know a lot of people will whine about the cgi + live action. I like it a lot. I just want to know how much Metzen messes up with the lore but so far it looks to be spot on :D

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Would be nice if they dont **** up, i would finally know what is going on in WOW lol

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Duncan Jones was put on a short leash for this movie. if it tanks, you can thank blizzard for that.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    There is nothing going on in WoW. Everything of great importance already took place in War 1~3.

6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    It would seem that this movie starts where warcraft started. As in the story goes from wc1 till wow if they get to make that many movies.

7. alexrose1uk

alexrose1uk Guest

GPU:
    3080 10GB
    Very, VERY mixed feelings on this one. I will go and see it most likely; just to see the world. Back in the early days of WoW and the earlier games I was a real Warcraft lore fan, generally I'd know the significance of most things in games tied to the older story before it was unveiled to the newer WoW players, or explained.

That said, during WoW's life they've retconned and changed so much, I lost a lot of interest.

TLDR: I'll go to see it to see the world brought to life on the screen, but I'm expecting so much retcon (and probably not a great movie) at the same time.

8. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    How many good, video game based movies have ever been made? I know we could make a long list of really bad ones. This keeps me from having any interest whatsoever in a Warcraft movie.

9. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Jeez...talk about giving away the entire film in the trailer.

What's the point of seeing this now? So we can see how the things that happen in the trailer happen in the way we know they are going to happen?

Obvious and pointless fan service marketing toy film is obvious and pointless.

10. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    My gut feeling from seeing so many trailers and then the movies over the years is that this is an exceptionally well put together cliche trailer for a mediocre movie. But lets see what come out of it.

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So Lord Of The Rings, Orcs rise up and attack the humans, all we need is some uber powerful overlord (Sauron) and some mystical muguffin that every one wants (the one ring) and yeah Lord Of The Rings. Only no where near as good.

On a serious note though, who is this movie aimed at?

I loved Lord Of The Rings but have zero interest in this movie, so is it fan service? is it meant to draw new folk to the WOW universe? is it a shotgun, aim big CGI armies beating the sh*t outta each other at an audience and see who forks over the cash?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  12. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    They could at least have gotten the human armor right. .-.

13. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Not sure will have me running for the nearest cinema but def looks worth watching...

14. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I will definitely watch the movie but not in a theater since I haven't gone to one since the late '70's. The trailer looks great and I don't see how it would spoil the movie at all. I think it would pique interest. I have been playing WoW for 10 years now this month and have never lost interest. I'm now impatiently waiting for the next expansion.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Actually the trailer looks better than (I) expected. And I like the fact that they went for old school orcs vs humans, IF they get this right, there will be ample room for stories like Arthas etc. I don't mind the CGI, though the male orcs are perhaps a bit overdone, compared to the females.

I loved Warcraft (the RTS games) and WoW, played all, especially WoW for years. From ~2010 however, the year when I quit WoW after 5-6 years, I really disliked what has become of the game, and Blizzard as a company. But hey, I still love the old lore, and always will do, so even though I have mixed feelings as well, I hope all the best for this movie! :nerd:

16. Balala

Balala Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    Movie gona sucks, garantee