Heavy Rain

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, May 24, 2009.

1. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Watch the game ??? Not at all. You control the character(s) all the time. Literally . All character's actions, movements, thoughts ... and much much more and more detailed than in any other game. And everything has some influence on the outcome . Not to talk about how deep and emotional the story line is. Its probably the most immersive gameplay experience ever.
    How did you just watch the game ?

2. Nemes1s

Nemes1s Master Guru

GPU:
    2x560Ti SLI ASUS + EVGA
    So, i bought me the Heavy Rain 250gb PS3 slim bundle yesterday, but i have been getting a really annoying problem.

In the cutscenes (The proper pre-rendered ones, like the intro to that Mall scene) are always stuttering. It's like it has a micro stutter every half a second. It jerks through any pre-rendered cutscene, and i have no idea why.

The game itself has no problems, apart from the occasional framerate drop here and there.

Quite an irritating problem though, as these scenes should surely be smooth, and not stuttering from start to end? Has anyone else had this problem?

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    bought the game yesterday, will give it a go when i finished GOW3

to al the people with problems with this game , did your game update at the start ? i got a 200mb update.

4. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I watched the first hour or so of this being played on dopelives.com stream (if you haven't seen that site then deffinately check it out :D) and it was weird... and slow to start... and showering a naked man is burnt into my memory :(

5. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Review by Zero Punctuation

If you think that it's the best game ever and cant stand any critic about this game, then dont watch.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Funny stuff, had to lol at cordless drill up the hairy front bottom.

7. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Just played this yesterday for the 1st time. Gotta say it's got to be the best action RPG i've ever seen. Also, i think i've never done things like shaving my beard or changing the pants of a baby in a computer game lol.

Plain awesome.

PS3 is showing its age here and there though. If you think otherwise plz watch the scene where the fbi detective changes the style of his virtual office - what is that - 15 fps?

Apart from that - top game. If you have a PS3 you should play this.

8. ivan.winata

ivan.winata Guest

GPU:
    GTX2080Ti Zotak
    Action RPG? can you level up? As far as I know its an action/thriller game. Some even said it is an interactive movie.

9. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Depends how you define action RPG tbh. Leveling is something we also have in a shooter like BC2, but that doesnt make it an action RPG does it.

And aren't all 3rd person games (with fixed / semi-dynamic cameras) like interactive movies? You watch yourself doing something - but thats because the viewpoint has a certain position, isnt it? What if you'd see it in 1st person, but you're doing the same actions? Is it still an interactive movie?

IMO gametypes should be dependent on the actions you do in the game, not how it looks or where the camera viewpoint is positioned.

So for me searching for clues and solving puzzles combined with a dynamic story (depending on how you solve the puzzles) cleary indicates this is an RPG.
    And since all the gameplay takes place in realtime and is rather direct HeavyRain comes close to an action RPG.

Just my opinion however.

10. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    Man, my ps3 broke. Got it back Tuesday.(Broke on the Leap Year Bug Date day) So I never got to play Heay Rain. Started On Tuesday, Finished yesterday. Got my ending(wtf), then played(again) last night and got the BEST(Happy) ending. (Doing virtually the exact same things)

I was trying to figure out how to explain how disappointed i was about this game. Having to wait 1 month to play it.(168 euro for a refurb)

As usual Zero Punc. got 100% spot on! Never Preordering again.

To anybody thinking of buying, DON'T, RENT IT!

11. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
  12. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Subtitles must be turned on, because sounds cut happened very often.

This game is so amazing and the story is so good. A fast pace interactive movie! The killer is so unexpected. Also, it was so obvious and clear that 'he' wasn't the origami killer!

13. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    I actually returned this game before even opening it. Exchanged it for Just Cause II. Im glad i did though, as much as heavy rain by Yall looks great and sounds amazing, most are done with it.. which means to me it has very low replay value. Where as Just Cause II, im 42 hours something into it and have allot more to go. And when done know there is allot of replay value to go over again.

Ill still grab Heavy Rain though, but most likely as a rental.

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ROFL..."AKA Baron von teapots ****ing ludicrous adventure". ROFL

He does have a way with words. LOL

15. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Agreed. 5 times through and it becomes less and less addictive.

16. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I borrowed this from a friend! I'll try to finish it this week, let's hope it's as good as people say.

17. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
  18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070