Force Consistient Voltage

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by tsunami231, Sep 5, 2014.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So i notice this settings and it got me to think.

It says it supposed adjusts voltage for the maximum performance power state only.

Does that mean 3D performance mode will have locked Voltage only? or will Boost too. As i really hate Boost and dynamic voltage and clocks.

And would love way that would make BOOST either be ON or OFF which would mean Normal Voltage and Boost Voltage with nothing in between.

And only way i know how to do this is K-boost in EVGA tool or doing it threw Inspector, and both ways pretty much castrate power states.

I want my
    Idle
    2d
    3d
    Boost

speeds i just dont want Boost have a dynamic clock/voltage i just want it to have on/off state if boost it on it uses full boost clock speed with the 1.1750 voltage if boost is off it uses the default 3d voltage.

This my main peeve about boost and why i hate it Is this possible with Force Consistient Voltage?

or i am read it wrong and i seeing my test wrong? I wanna say with Force Consistient Voltage card will keep its max gpu speed with boost and it max voltage once it hits max speed/voltage with it Force Consistient Voltage disabled it will go up and down in speed/voltage with boost.

I want to avoid the up/down speeds/voltage all together with boost. with out the castrated power states. if any of this make any sense.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

You're misunderstanding the option and you cannot achieve it by enabling it.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    sob i fiqure i did. Still great program unwinder

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    You need to enable unofficial overclocking for a start in the msi ab install folder.
    Two files needs to be altered

The .cfg and (profiles .cfg). Make sure the setting is set as 2 in both .cfg files.