am4 x370 motherboards question?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by dudecat64, Mar 6, 2017.

1. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    Ok other then maybe the onboard sound what is the real difference that makes some of these boards $250 and others $150? I am thinking in the near future getting this board.
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157758
    Seems to have good onboard sound and good all around board.
    I am thinking of matching it with a ryzen 1700 and some good ddr4 3000 ram.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Power phases, USB ports, right now the select few boards allow for better DDR4 clocks, more features, fan headers, board layout, quality of components used, more OC friendly bios... Just to name a few things that a more expensive board is more likely to have.

3. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    The more expensive ones tend to have more power phases and be more robustly built in general, leading to better Overclocking potential. There are things like flashy RGB lighting stylized "armor" shrouds, that are a waste of money imo. Depending on the model they may have different and/or more network features, NVME options, more detailed and fine tuned BIOS, etc...

I go afk 1 min and eclap ninjaed me lol :p

4. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    Kewl thanks guys. So is that board i linked descent board to push the ryzen to maybe 3.8-3.9ghz?

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It looks like a decent board. For one, you chose the right chipset for your CPU, x370 or gtfo :)

One thing to consider about motherboards. We upgrade our CPU+motherboard a lot less than our gpu so they're worth investing in. My CPU has lasted me over 5 years so spending some premium on the main and largest printed circuit board and the heart of your gaming rig is money well spent.

Standard :p

6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I bought the same board myself, ironically for the same equivalent price. Note that the final price in Australia is what you pay, none of this adding GST etc after (it's not legal to do that here). Mine also included free shipping :).

Anyways, Asrock had the right idea with this board, it's specifically designed for those mainstream enthusiasts, those that don't go to ultra-extreme overclocking, or want any schmancy sh!t on it. The lighting etc is kind of pointless in any case that doesn't have a side window, and in cases with side windows if you have it on the desk to your right it would be like someone shining a torch in your face in a darker gaming room :S. On air, basically the board should be able to overclock no different that 'higher' end boards, and being Fatal!ty they are tuned for performance. It's also good they included their top end sound solution. They basically looked at the features that most people require, and didn't include any extra stuff that might not be necessary, such as additional SATA controller. Having 8 SATA ports over 6 might be handy, for some people, but considering there is M.2 SSD NVME (so no need for a SATA port there), and people not having optical drives, having 6 hard drives is probably all most people would need :) (or even 5 if you have an ODD).

7. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    Yeah looks like a killer board if it ever stays in stock long enough to buy it lol.

8. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Personally I like ASRock boards and running as well ASRock board there which is one awesome board

Personally I'm looking at Taichi or if ASRock will release Extreme versions of motherboard

What I looked elsewhere and on few reviews and few people who running ASRock boards X370 they're pretty happy with them

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

9. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    I remember my skt939 asrock board that could use expansion card for am2 processors was a awesome board. Very stable even back then. They really impressed me then so i have no doubts this board will do the same as they have come a long long ways since then.

10. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    I'm on my Extreme 9 I've had since 2013 with my 8350 @ 1.53v & 4.7 ever since, 24/7 with reboot every now and then and it hasn't missed a beat very good board. It's the 12+2 phase package. I was going to get 1 myself but the CH6 is better for me for a few reasons, but ASRock is a nice sturdy board.