Windows 10 Build 15048

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 3, 2017.

1. radosuaf

radosuaf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock 6800 XT 16GB
    Fully agree about W7. But W8.1 is not that bad - you just change a few things in taskbar menu (turn off charms, set wallpaper as start screen background, show all notification area icons etc.), clear out Metro in PS and that's basically it.

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I agree with you but it is a lot more v/s 7 :p And 10 is even more than 8.1!

3. radosuaf

radosuaf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock 6800 XT 16GB
  4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Oh god. I love pinning programs and folders to Start but I'll gladly give it all up and return to classic shell if they pull any more stunts by ignoring the "tips & tricks" settings.

One day, may be even in RS3, we will see Notepad and Wordpad replaced with UWP garbage which has google adsense style stuff which serves ads based on your typing!

5. radosuaf

radosuaf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock 6800 XT 16GB
    I am pretty sure they will come up with a nice subscription plan - 7.99 USD a month and you're ad-free :).
    I'm going to buy Skylake i5 next week while they're still widely available and I'm staying on 8.1 until it lasts - brave Q9650 is still going strong, but it won't manage until 2023.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Was reading on MDL that this is the setting to disable the explorer ads for onedrive etc

[​IMG]

7. radosuaf

radosuaf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock 6800 XT 16GB
    Does anybody test mobile builds? I'm on 14393.693 and haven't seen any ads yet, but now I'm starting to get a bit worried...

8. DagoLaR

DagoLaR New Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Hey, any way i can contact you privately about your cpu and motherboard bios? ( Sry guys, i know this isn't the thread to do so but i don't have any other way because of my post count ;) )

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017