Begging for an advice

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Jespi, Mar 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jespi

Jespi Member

GPU:
    8GB
    Hello, am going to buy myself a new Ryzen based pc and am wondering how is the current situation with RAM frequency ?

Is it fine to buy for example ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS and Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3000 ?

RAM modules are 3000, the MB supports 2933OC... so will i be able to run smootly my DIMMS at 2933 MHz ? If not which MB B350 and dual 2x16 RAM would you recommend me, to run them at least 2666MHz + ?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  2. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
  3. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    I have my MSI B350 Tomahawk running @ 2933 and Corsair Vangeance standard timings without any issues. I do belive that 3200 is not a problem but did not went so high yet! The MSI B350 Tomahawk have predefined settings for RAM (up to 3200) but you need to adjut the timings manually. The XMS profyles (altough are readed well) once loaded are not taken over from readed profyle -> may be a bios issue!
    Nevertheless, considering that is a very new and complex architecture and my still status of BETA TESTER I'm pretty satisfied with the MSI mobo -> very stable and solid build! The CPU is a BEAST no question asked!!
    I did not buy RAM after their list but in accordance with my needs, wishes :wanker: and what I WANT. Btw, the Corsair Vengeance 3200 is not listed on MSI tested but works very well. As expected they all need to comply with the same JEDEC standard! All the rest like "vendor approved" is more or less a "mouthwash"!

Second thing, I would suggest MSI:pc1: instead of ASUS!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  4. kaingr

kaingr Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte waterforce 1080
    buy gigabyte insted of asus

5. Jespi

Jespi Member

GPU:
    8GB
    Alright so buying Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3000 with MSI tomahawk instead of Asus is fine ? Even though those RAMs are not presented in QVL ? And i will be able to run them at 2933 with CL15 ? That´s sweet, it has been decided then :D :D