Destiny 2 is coming to the PC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    An industry insider revealed that the game is coming to the PC, and revealed some new information about it. According to shinobi602, Destiny 2 is coming to the PC and will feel like a completely new g...

Destiny 2 is coming to the PC

2. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Not another bad port...

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I thought there were plans for the first Destiny to come out on PC....Seriously, this is like one of the few games I would buy an Xbox or PS4 for.

4. Deragot

Deragot Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Zotac
    Despite all the hate Destiny gets, some of which is deserved, and despite wasting some of potential for greatness, I have to say D1 is probably the best shooter I have played in years regarding mechanics and gameplay polish.
    I HATE shooters on consoles, I get annoyed by the clumsiness compared to the M&K. Having this in mind, I got my PS4 last August and was hesitant to buy The Taken King. Finally I did and it felt completely natural.
    I can only imagine what Destiny 2 can be on the PC if they put serious work towards PC, nut just a shoddy port.

5. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    I hope we get cross play with at least one of the consoles. I hate the segregation of platforms. MS is opening this up thankfully but so far only on exclusive XB1 titles (it is the main reason I will probably buy GoW4 from the *shudder* Windows Store).

6. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Developers just don't know how to make games properly anymore. Current console hardware is more than good enough to handle the first Destiny just fine with all of it's original intentions, but the devs are too lazy to make optimizations.

If you look at some of the last games made for PS2 and Gamecube, it's amazing how much people accomplished on hardware that was crap even back in 2001. With PS3 and Xbox360, the hardware was good enough that devs could release un-polished games that they could patch later, but was simple + crappy enough that they had to put in the extra effort to make it perform well without sacrificing details.

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    When Destiny came out didn't they say that it was a 10 year game?

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Yes. This includes sequels and expansions as well

9. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    There was a leak about it, basically showing how Destiny in total would be a 10-year spanning IP, with three distinct games and expansions in between. I'm happy it's coming out for the PC, we don't really have something like that. This is a big budget MMO release, the port should be fine.

10. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Oh I thought it was just supposed to be one game just kept alive by a ton of expansions

11. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    Expansions become less and less meaningful to new players. Plus the game is just 2yrs old and was released on previous gen consoles as well as the current gen. I would be surprised if they continued to support those older platforms for another 8yrs.

That said a 3yr turn around for a sequel for an MMO style game is a little short. I would expect closer to 5-7yrs before a sequel is released considering the time investment people have in these kinds of games and the large amount of time they usually take to develop because of their size. They really would have had to have started development on D2 almost immediately after D1 released in order to have a quality game ready for release end of next year.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Not sure how I feel about this. Destiny on ps4 is hands down the best shooter I've played, ever. When it comes to actual gunplay. Don't think it would feel as amazing with mouse and keyboard. I'll probably get the PC version and if I don't like it I'll pick it up on ps4.

13. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Loved Destiny, shame they decided to milk the hell out of it with expensive DLC and nothing but recycled content.

14. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Good news, looking forward to it. Hopefully Destiny 1 on PC some day as well.

15. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Destiny was great for a bit. But paying for DLC that was originally supposed to be in the game in the first place was just a slap in the face. 1 or 2 new strikes in the first dlc pissed me off. I was bored out of my mind. And no match making for raids? I am not sure how much has changed, but I stopped playing after the second expansion.

The gunplay was downright amazing. It did have a very unique feel to it. But the world of Destiny feels so....small. Its just a bunch of loading screens, no real world to world travel and such a small area per planet.

Perhaps I actually believed them when they were hyping Destiny like it was going to be some epic MMO FPS game. I am just let down is all. I would absolutely love for Destiny 2 to come out on PC and for it to be epic beyond belief.

Time will tell!

16. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Connect your DualShock 4 to your PC, my friend. Double win. :nerd:

17. Deragot

Deragot Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Zotac
    They already stopped. Rise of Iron is PS4 XBO only.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    You don't stand a chance with a controller against m+k people :(

19. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    +1

May I ask what you mean that you do not feel it will be the same as a controller? I would agree that its the best movement with a controller and fps I have ever felt, but its still pales in comparison to a m+kb by a long shot imo. I am curious as to why you feel the way you do.