Different clock speed with two monitors?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Nitrius, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    Is it correct that 5870 with 2 monitors connected have different idle clock? Because my idle clock is 400/1200, but i think it where around 150/300 or something with only one monitor. Also it seems kinda bugged as in UVD mode (DXVA in MPC HC for example), the clock gets "underclocked" from idle(400/1200) to 400/900.

2. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Not a bug but a feature/fix/workaround.
    When 2 or more displays/monitors are connected, the clocks rise to fix flickering.
    I think this was introduced in 10.4 drivers.

3. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Word to the wise, the flickering came back with my 1090T installation

Default clocks or overclocks, opening a page with video like Youtube and running a video causes a flicker both when the video starts, and when I close the browser with a video on it

Not just me has reported it, but other people on Overclocking.net too with the 10XXT line

Clocks are back to their little game of going from 400/1000 to 150/300 and back again like lightspeed, maybe 1/60th of a second of the refresh rate

4. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    Ah i see, thanks.

Anyway there is flickering here as well, when going from idle to UVD for example, as it underclock you see the flicker on both screen

5. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I think the only way to fix that problem is that ATi release a new BIOS.
    Or that the card assemblers fix the BIOS by their own.