Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats
Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats A cracking SoundBlaster ? Got new Speakers ? Be heard in here !

Old
  (#201)
xtremegamer
Maha Guru

Videocard: ASUS 5750 1GB DDR5
Processor: Intel i5 2320 3.3GHz
Mainboard: Asus P8H61 MLE/B3
Memory: 4GB DDR3 Corsair
Soundcard: BLasTer Audi ValUe 7.1
PSU: Corsair 400WCX 30A 80+
Default 04-10-2011, 18:09 | posts: 1,208 | Location: India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBSCIX View Post
Are you making a joke or perhaps not that experienced with soundcards? There are many cards that can "beat" the Creative cards.
Cards from ASUS and Auzentech are prime examples.
Agreed "ROBSCIX" a bit little experienced, Asus have done a good job, Well Changing My Sound Card Soon..... Money Matters

Last edited by ROBSCIX; 04-10-2011 at 19:14.

Old
  (#202)
ROBSCIX
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 22" LCD on GTX260 C216
Processor: Intel I7 860
Mainboard: MSI P55 GD80
Memory: G.SKILL DDR3-1600 4X2GB
Soundcard: It Varies...
PSU: Sigma
Default 04-10-2011, 19:15 | posts: 16,236 | Location: Guru3D Audio Lab

The X-Audio should be avoided.
There are many newer cards in lower price ranges. Look around and if you are not sure, come here and ask as I am sure somebody around here has tested the unit and can offer you some opinions.
Edit, I fixed your thread. -the quote wasn't finished.

Old
  (#203)
johnmambo
Master Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980
Processor: Core i7 3770K @ 4.2 HT
Mainboard: ASUS P8 Z77 - V
Memory: Gskill RipjawsZ 16gb 1866
Soundcard: ASUS Xonar DG
PSU: Corsair TX850
Thumbs up 04-11-2011, 20:01 | posts: 261 | Location: Brazil

Well the Xtreme Audio certainly is not the best sound card available, BUT, if you are using an Onboard Sound and happens to find it for a great price (my case), it will serve you well.
I was using onboard sound for a long time, but since i got Bad Company 2 i was living with a lot of freezes during gameplay. Researched a lot and find that could be a compatibility problem with my onboard sound.
Anyway i got the Xtreme Audio, it sounds better than my Onboard sound and finally SOLVED my problem with Bad Company 2. So, it may be a re-branded Audigy, but if you find it for the right price it's still a useful card.

Old
  (#204)
ROBSCIX
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 22" LCD on GTX260 C216
Processor: Intel I7 860
Mainboard: MSI P55 GD80
Memory: G.SKILL DDR3-1600 4X2GB
Soundcard: It Varies...
PSU: Sigma
Default 04-11-2011, 20:14 | posts: 16,236 | Location: Guru3D Audio Lab

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmambo View Post
Well the Xtreme Audio certainly is not the best sound card available, BUT, if you are using an Onboard Sound and happens to find it for a great price (my case), it will serve you well.
I was using onboard sound for a long time, but since i got Bad Company 2 i was living with a lot of freezes during gameplay. Researched a lot and find that could be a compatibility problem with my onboard sound.
Anyway i got the Xtreme Audio, it sounds better than my Onboard sound and finally SOLVED my problem with Bad Company 2. So, it may be a re-branded Audigy, but if you find it for the right price it's still a useful card.
Most cards are better then onboards. I wasn't meaning to bash your card, I was just syaing if he has the cash to look for something a little better as that card is fairly old now and there are many avilable that would easily surpass it for little money.

Old
  (#205)
johnmambo
Master Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980
Processor: Core i7 3770K @ 4.2 HT
Mainboard: ASUS P8 Z77 - V
Memory: Gskill RipjawsZ 16gb 1866
Soundcard: ASUS Xonar DG
PSU: Corsair TX850
Default 04-11-2011, 21:50 | posts: 261 | Location: Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBSCIX View Post
Most cards are better then onboards. I wasn't meaning to bash your card, I was just syaing if he has the cash to look for something a little better as that card is fairly old now and there are many avilable that would easily surpass it for little money.
No problem dude, i wasn't quoting you, just wanted to post my personal experience with that card.